Likely team to play Guatemala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likely team to play Guatemala

Donovan Ricketts, Tyrone Marshall, Shavar Thomas, Pepe Goodison, Oneil Thompson, Rudolph Austin, Demar Phillips, Sean Fraser, Omar Daley, Ricardo Fuller and Luton Shelton.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Any reports on any of the training sessions?

Comment

Caught a little bit yesterday. Tappa scrimmaged with them and looked decent.

Tappa again scrimmaged with them this evening, playing a kind of holding midfield position. He made himself available for many touches, making me wonder why he used to disappear so often back in the day. His fitness would definitely be a problem, but he still has the moves and the passing, passing more than he used to as a Reggae Boy. In one move, he made Khari look silly on the wet field, wrong footing the poor guy.

Don't worry, not about to make this side any time soon, but still able to teach from within. They called him "teacher", so I guess the "midfield maestro" tag is still where it belongs.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"..why he used to 'disappear' so often back in the day...."

I see yuh continuing with the Almshouse argument.

There has to be a confidence on the person passing the ball before Tappa can get it... hoofing does not count as confidence..

Tyad fi see Tappa haffi come up beside di defense before him coulda get the ball...

Continue to wonder.. maybe yuh will buck heads with Gamma wondering why Bibi coudn't get game inna midfield.. just might knock some sense into both of yuh..

Comment

the hoofing don't count and you nuh want Bibi inna the midfield. Ah bwoy.

You nuh see Bibi was the main link connect defense to offense? He was in every play. No need to hoof it when then. But when the midfield is resting right on the defense or playing forward and not coming back that is a case for hoofing.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mosiah only use the dissappearing theory when it comes to tappa, but when it comes to Hue it change to people bypassing him. Anyway, thanks for the report Mosiah.

I am interested in seeing Frazier's progress, he looked a lot sharper in some of the games I saw him playing recently.

I don't think Dane Richards will be anything more than a supersub until he works on his technique. Worse on that thing we are calling a field.

Comment

When have I complained about people bypassing Hue? Hue has hardly played on national teams where out-of-mi-life was the norm. Anyway, no need to worry about that now.

It's FraSER.

Yes, Dane Richards seemed out of sorts yesterday while most of the players had a decent outing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Look like Khari Stephenson coming off the bench again.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mosiah, there were a couple games where people were talking about Hue being absent in the second half and you defended him as you should have that it wasn't his fault that the defenders were not giving him the ball.

How did Jason Morrison and Wolfe look. Morrison looked like he was a player that was improving rapidly, hopefully he has stayed along that path.

Comment

Me, could you do me a favour and check the roster? I am not seeing Morrison, and you have called some other names that have me wondering what yuh reading.

Won't touch any Hue discussion because he is not a factor.

The Wolfes looked smooth, fast and effective! Both of them, but Wolry in particular.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

easy 'sass....only ben j know ball. as for tappa.....mosiah's post says it all...khari a play swedish top division....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

WOLVES...WOLVES....mind sharp pepsi haffi gi english lessons!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Haha Ha!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                            "..why he used to 'disappear' so often back in the day...."

I see yuh continuing with the Almshouse argument.

There has to be a confidence on the person passing the ball before Tappa can get it... hoofing does not count as confidence..

Tyad fi see Tappa haffi come up beside di defense before him coulda get the ball...

Continue to wonder.. maybe yuh will buck heads with Gamma wondering why Bibi coudn't get game inna midfield.. just might knock some sense into both of yuh..
                            I wonder if Mosiah watches games with the intensity his passion speaks to?

I wonder if he saw the number of times Bibi and or other support players 'showed' and the ball was not passed? ...but, held and lost?

Did he see in the second half where Bibi 'showed' over and over...moving all over the field to support and was inadvertently, I think, freezed out of the game? I suppose he would claim Bibi disappeared!

Mosiah, as I told you often you cannot be actively involved in the series of inter-passing with TEAMmates if they never pass to you. You will be in the main freezed out of actually touching the ball...if you continue to 'show'/make yourself available for passes/provide support to the man on the ball/put in what becomes decoy runs/movements...and you do not receive the ball YOU HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED! ...to the contrary you have put in a good effort for TEAM!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the fact is them only see when them player get the ball, but Bibi provided himself as an option right throughout the game. What we need is some to actually measure how much ground a player cover during the game and you will see a telling tale of disappearance and who is moving.

Bibi is our BEST option in midfield right now. To play him at left back is a waste.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X