No announcement yet.

Reggae Boyz vs El Salvador - Ricardo “Bibi” Gardner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad u made the comment in regards to Mcallum actually starting the play for the first goal. Believe it or not, when I look back at it, Mcallum played a HUGE ROLE in our attacks. Lot of us are overlooking that. You think if the "regular kick whey the raas ball Ricketts" was playing we would've score those goals? Matter of fact we would've lost cause Mcallum doesn't give the opposition any chance on their crosses, unlike Shicketts. As mi say, Tappa fi send him backa Hingland! I know he's going to play on Wednesday cause after all Tappa call him all the way from England but damn, I hope Tappa can talk some sense into that Brickwall head of his.
    STOP GI WHEY THE BALL SHICKETTS!!!

Comment

That's why I said we now have some goalies with brains.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Statistics, like the ones presented by Karl, don't lie, but they don't tell the whole story. A player like Fabian Davis will have better numbers than most if you count number of touches and passes completed. He supports the ball well but his passes are safe and short.

Defence-splitting passes? Is wha dat?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's why I said we now have some goalies with brains.
          Some on here will remind you that Ricketts is a UWI graduate. That should count fi suppen.

Seriously though, maybe it is why we do not look to Munro and Campion for the cream of the football crop. Book smart and football smart do not necessarily come in the same package.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

And I have no idea if McCallum and Kerr have one subject between them, but they certainly understand the attacking role of the goalie over UWI grad Ricketts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

People nuh see the role that Mcallum played. He is exactly what we want in goal. McAllum's style of gk kept our midfield in the game and allowed us to build our plays from the back, instead of constantly jumping with opponents to collect the 50/50 ball they would receiece from a Ricketts big kick.

Mi hear scaly say he is not ready to call McAllum our Gordon Banks as yet. For me he may not be Gordon Banks, but he is far better than Ricketts in my opinion.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Right you are! I hope Tappa realizes this and try to build the GK position with McAllum and Kerr.

BTW Mo, how yuh mean yuh nuh tink the two have a subjik betwix dem? McAllum is a Cornwal man. Yuh tellin me Cornwall turning out ballers without a subjik?

Comment

Yuh evah watch Brazil play ?

Comment

No. Send mi a tape nuh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I said I have no idea. That is different from saying mi nuh tink. Nuh get mi inna nutten wid Shatta and Jawge.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                        by the way Karl I think some one already said it but for a man playing EPL ball with a top half team and playing in Europe against opposition much less expierenced he should have a higher rate.
                        I wonder why...when a part of what results has to do with how his teammates respond to his appearance in supporting passing lanes, the type of player and the level of intelligence shown (e.g. adaptabilty to role required by the dymanics of the game and pre-planned by the coach) through actions on the field?

We must remember that we have had experience where it was never so. From 1994 through until he gained a professional contract Tappa was most often our best player and consistently that "higher rate" of which you speak.

But, do tell me why it should be so for a player coming out of a higher league?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Huh? What are you asking or saying Karl?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                            Matter of fact we would've lost cause Mcallum doesn't give the opposition any chance on their crosses, unlike Shicketts.
                            Except for one cross!
                            However our defender (Shavar Thomas, I think?!) presured the forward and assisted in making for a 'soft header'. It was from that receipt of the ball that McCallum started our attack that resulted in a goal.

As mi say, Tappa fi send him backa Hingland! I know he's going to play on Wednesday cause after all Tappa call him all the way from England but damn, I hope Tappa can talk some sense into that Brickwall head of his.
                            STOP GI WHEY THE BALL SHICKETTS!!!
                            Could it be - Tappa recognises Ricketts' superior shot blocking skills and called him to start the process of teaching and improving his distribution skills?

I think so!

I am expecting Tappa to give Ricketts some time in the goal during the match...but, not allowing him to be our goal-tender the entire match.
                            That goal-tending he must share...I am expecting him to share with young McCallum. Ricketts will be given a lesson by Tappa using the teaching METHOD of presenting to the class a "demonstration by one of the class".

I am sure many of us saw that METHOD employed by our teachers. It is a very powerful teaching tool which however must be used judiciously. Over used it "turns off" rest of the class and sends negative messages - 'teacher's pet'; shi/im brite an wi (mi) dunce; reduced attention and focus; and, little learning or no learning.

However, when used properly it makes for heightened attention and focus; enhances pride in "one of us" demonstrating competence; absorption of what was demonstrated; makes for greater retention of what was taught; and, greater learning that is reflected in pupil's future actions in same field/on same subject.

Am sure (betting)that Tappa shall do some teaching of Ricketts!

Another teaching tool: A tape of McCallum's goal-tending in that El Salvador match, i.e. a tape created from the match tape with McCallum's actions only/focused on McCallum's handling of ball and coverage of his penalty-area, should be viewed by the goalkeepers and each made a present of a copy.

Truth is McCallum put on a clinic in that match. He handled all that was thrown his way - in a magnificent manner!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tappa can do no wrong, huh? Even teach goalkeepers now. How did we overlook all these talents all along?

No wonder Seba is leading the CCPL.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Tappa can do no wrong, huh? Even teach goalkeepers now. How did we overlook all these talents all along?

No wonder Seba is leading the CCPL.
                                What is so difficult in using as an example McCallum's performance and 'way of managing his Penalty-Area and use of ball'?

Well Tappa can do that!
                                Mek dat bun yuh!

Comment

Working...
                                X