• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz vs El Salvador - Ricardo “Bibi” Gardner

Reggae Boyz vs El Salvador - Ricardo “Bibi” Gardner

Total number of Touches – 66

1st half – 35 (10 incomplete )

1 st half “Killer pass” – to FULLER who was 9 yards from goal. Fuller blasted high and wide.

2nd half - 31 (9 incomplete)

2nd half “Killer pass” to Shelton, who rounded ‘keeper and fired on target, only for a defender to block!

Other points of interest –

Goals Scored - 2

Free-Kicks – 4
    2 poor; 1 cleared by defense; 1 hit the target – into arms of goalkeeper

Corners – 2
    One near post over head of attacker – I think it was Damion “ Stew Peas” Stewart although the commentators had it as Luton Shelton and this morning’s newspaper has it as someone else. – Arms of GK;

Next - Another near post in-swinger from the right - cleared by defender.

3 touches in 18 sequence set of passes – immediately preceding 1st goal.
    Goal actually scored on the 20th touch as defender tried to cut out pass…with ball falling kindly to Austin who powered it home!

Interestingly it was our goalkeeper who started the sequence with a magnificent lead outlet pass to Gardner, who actually caught up to the ball about 4 yards from the half (way) line.

It was also interesting to see that the ball was worked from the opponents half, 10 yards from the opponent’s goal-line…space was closed down and the ball worked back to our defense switched from right to left and left to right and blasted in some 40 or so yards from midfield. A sequence, lovers of Arsenal’s GUNNERS-type play, would acknowledge was excellent.

2nd Goal of the match – Found self on the end of a deflected pass following a sequence of 12 passes by the Reggae Boyz.

3rd Goal of the match – Found self on end of swift inter-play. Excellent placement firm shot from just outside the opponent’s Penalty-Area.

Well when combined with his high work-rate, making self available as passing outlet, roaming from right to left, back and forward…pressuring the ball…you be the judge of whether or not Ricardo “Bibi” Gardner had an excellent game?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Over to you , Mosiah!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl a 72% passing accuracy rate ain't that bad for a

for a midfielder but it's not that great either, the best players in the world like a Kaka, Messi or Dinho have a higher rate as in high 70's and in good games well into the 80's, defenders usually have an even higher rate since they have less pressure on then when in possesion.

Bibi is my man of the match but he had some poor passes when he could have done better. 47 outta 66 pass completion is about average.

Don't start jumping up and down thinking you win this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
        for a midfielder but it's not that great either, the best players in the world like a Kaka, Messi or Dinho have a higher rate as in high 70's and in good games well into the 80's, defenders usually have an even higher rate since they have less pressure on then when in possesion.

Bibi is my man of the match but he had some poor passes when he could have done better. 47 outta 66 pass completion is about average.

Don't start jumping up and down thinking you win this argument.
        hehehehe!!!!!

Comment

Where is Lazie and Mexxx with stats on midfielders?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Where is Lazie and Mexxx with stats on midfielders?
            by the way Karl I think some one already said it but for a man playing EPL ball with a top half team and playing in Europe against opposition much less expierenced he should have a higher rate.

Comment

OK, Scaly!

Let's take the Dunga position one step further: Juan Veron of Argentina in 1998 was both a ball thief and a playmaker so he could accumulate up to 140 touches on the ball in a 90 minute game. Dunga would average 90. Most forwards average 30, defenders 50 and very good midfielders 70-80. So imagine the impact of 140 touches on the ball with an 80% success ratio. That means he only lost the ball 1 out of 5 times. Your efficiency percentage for Jamaica at their best was 70% as a team. Most of the time it is close to 65%. Brasil and Argentina run close to 80-82%. Now you begin to see the importance of connecting passes.

- Source: Rick Figueiredo Speaks Reggae Boyz Football
              Tuesday, September 30, 2003

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/intervie...interviewid=15
              Rick spoke of the brilliant & the good!
              How far is 66 from 70?

Comment

I have watch bibi coming back after his surgery and I will say this before and until the Arsenal game he was playing nothing.

After that you could see the passes and running into space coming back. His dribbling skill is not coming back but his scoring skills have gotten so much better as he has already scored more goals than last year.

I can only say what a player Bibi would have been if not for those injuries
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bibi would not be given so much time to make passes with a stronger team.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                    by the way Karl I think some one already said it but for a man playing EPL ball with a top half team and playing in Europe against opposition much less expierenced he should have a higher rate.
                    Mad man!

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
                      Bibi would not be given so much time to make passes with a stronger team.
                      That's a fact! ...but, you would have noticed that, unlike his team mates, he made a high proportion of one-time passes. That dwelling on the ball is one of the reasons I will not kick puppa-lick because of this match.

On the phone with Tilla during the match I was screaming "pass the damn ball". Higher quality TEAMs will be pressuring and closing our players down in a flash! In this game it was an unmolested walk in the park!

Comment

In a game against El Salvador, 19 incomplete passes is definitely too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          In a game against El Salvador, 19 incomplete passes is definitely too many.
                          That was for one player!
                          We gave away the ball so many times my blood boiled!

Comment

That is exactly what I am saying. That is quite a lot for one player.

Comment

All mi know mi neva need no statistics. Di diamon general di midfiel yessiday widout doubt. Ah teach him ah teach when last wi si so much one two inna di miggle. General B mek ball flow, like him dreadlocks

Comment

Working...
                              X