No announcement yet.

JFF says they are talking to one other coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good move by the JFF and the Captain. This shows a businessman who is on the ball. When you decide to negotiate, you never give the other party the opinoion that they are your only option. This will work against you as the other party will think he can make any demand and you will comply just to get him to sign.

Talk with Rene, John Barnes, Bruce Arena and any other who are interested.

fi di Captain!
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Rene? Yuh bright
      bad. Ingrate.

Comment

Might as well jus leff in TAPPA.

Comment

Not quite the maths required Councellor, qualifying starts in June 08
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Only one other coach?

...OK...so it may come down to Tappa and two others.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i get yuh.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

fi do wha?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

To Qualify

Comment

In all fairness, if for some reason or the other we don't land Simoes all is not lost. Some of you act like the world begins and ends with Rene Simoes. I like what he did b4 but he shouldn't be viewed as the saviour of Jamaican football. There are other qualified coaches outhere available.

As a matter of fact Bruce Arena would be a good fit for this team if hired for the job. And who ever mention John Barnes is a moron because he has no pedigree at international football. He's coached Celtic and one other club and he sucks so why even mention him with the TD post.

Time is limited but a good coach with international pedigree will get the best out of these players.

Comment

Well if wi going for Bruce Arena, might
                      as well make Tappa permanent TD.

Comment

Tappa CANNOT coach at th international level, in that he would be out coached by any neophyte coach out there and he would HAVE to get qualified.

I was about to say dont get carried away but then I realised who I am addressing...
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Tappa CANNOT coach at th international level, in that he would be out coached by any neophyte coach out there and he would HAVE to get qualified.

I was about to say dont get carried away but then I realised who I am addressing...
                          We are going to bring in a coach 2 months before Qualifying and pay him a bag of money and still not qualify so what's the difference?

Comment

Hardly Bricktop, qualifying starts for Jamaica in June, so even if a coach come sin in January he has six months to work on a squad and a plan.

From my point of view, it would make more sense if we got a coach who is familiar with CONCACAF tams and personell who would be able to start mapping out his strategies even before he gets here.

Does that make any sense boss?
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Are you guessing or
                              is it that you know this for a fact (he will be outcoached)? PLEASE BRING THESE FACTS TO BEAR WITH YOUR ANSWERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                                Hardly Bricktop, qualifying starts for Jamaica in June, so even if a coach come sin in January he has six months to work on a squad and a plan.

From my point of view, it would make more sense if we got a coach who is familiar with CONCACAF tams and personell who would be able to start mapping out his strategies even before he gets here.

Does that make any sense boss?
                                Yes it does. It's hard for me to be optimistic though. How many more opportunities do we have in the next 7 months to get this group back together?

Comment

Working...
                                X