RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM Donates $35 million towards,"Back to Africa Campaign".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM Donates $35 million towards,"Back to Africa Campaign".

Sport E-mail this story

$35 million for Boyz

Prime Minister Bruce Golding, on behalf of the Government, donated $35 million to the Reggae Boyz 'Back to Africa' campaign last night as Jamaica make a big push to qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Mr. Golding and Sports Minister Olivia Grange handed over a symbolic cheque to Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) President, Captain Horace Burrell, moments before Jamaica's friendly with El Salvador, which they won 3-0.

"It's wonderful to be back here playing football," said Golding, a year to the date since Jamaica hosted Peru.

"Football energises and unites the people and that's why I am here to show my support to the JFF."

Captain Burrell, who, in his latest disclosure last night said the JFF is in debt of more than $100 million, told the estimated crowd of about 20,000, "Football fans, this is for you."

Burrell later added that the money will be used to service expenses, including money owed to former coach Velibor Milutinovic.

Originally posted by Pepsi View Post
    Sport E-mail this story

$35 million for Boyz

Prime Minister Bruce Golding, on behalf of the Government, donated $35 million to the Reggae Boyz 'Back to Africa' campaign last night as Jamaica make a big push to qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Mr. Golding and Sports Minister Olivia Grange handed over a symbolic cheque to Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) President, Captain Horace Burrell, moments before Jamaica's friendly with El Salvador, which they won 3-0.

"It's wonderful to be back here playing football," said Golding, a year to the date since Jamaica hosted Peru.

"Football energises and unites the people and that's why I am here to show my support to the JFF."

Captain Burrell, who, in his latest disclosure last night said the JFF is in debt of more than $100 million, told the estimated crowd of about 20,000, "Football fans, this is for you."

Burrell later added that the money will be used to service expenses, including money owed to former coach Velibor Milutinovic.
    Was wonedring what Golding was giving to Burrell b4 the game, Good move Bruce u certainly understand the word " Public Relations".

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
      Was wonedring what Golding was giving to Burrell b4 the game, Good move Bruce u certainly understand the word " Public Relations".

Yu see Babsy she's very creative and is the right person for jff to work with,Bruce is just coming in I guess he will honor the pledge made my former Prime Minister Portia-Simpson Miller to give funds to football Program.Think about football unite a country ReggaeMusic ! ReggaeFootball ! SOUTH AFRICA HERE WE COME!!!!

Comment

the labourwrong them out in them numbers last night. You never see Eddie and Babsy deh too?

good move still, I hope other follow suite. A wonder when Butch a go give fi him, mi nuh see him congrat him "friend" Horace Burrell.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          the labourwrong them out in them numbers last night. You never see Eddie and Babsy deh too?

good move still, I hope other follow suite. A wonder when Butch a go give fi him, mi nuh see him congrat him "friend" Horace Burrell.

sass yu must rememba seh dem ole meeting in the arena yestiday evening and the game was after,so stadium was like a sardine tin(pack).The right ingredient for a good start.

Comment

I think Butch already congratulated the Captain, and Seaga

has always been strong supporter of Football matter of fact sports in general. That's one thing you coulda neva sey bout him. he has supported the reggaeboyz long b4 it was fashionable.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Comment

Ooooh.. so dat is where di ole naegga dem in VIP ($1,500) section come fram..

A bag ah dem choose fi sit in odda people seat.. cause all manner of confusion...

Mi si 2 man in di 900M Club and Mark Golding a stan up in aisle fi bout 10 minutes..

As Cedric seh.. Black people wish.. so I WISH a NI@@A would be sitting in my seat...

Comment

yuh mean seaga...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                X