few things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few things

One is the midfield work all day and was supporting both attack and defense. There was no a whole lot of need for the big long kicks which we have been seeing for a while. Bibi was in every attacking play and at no stage did he disappear in the game. He was also very helpful in defense.

It is very refreshing to have a clean sheet. We need this to start build on. Our defensive have been a strainer, regardless who we play. It is good to see a defense with poise, and knowing how to do the basic thing. The right back seems to be the weakest link right now and when did we have a a great right back? This is something to build on. Shavar had a very good game.

It seems like Paul Campbell work is paying off. He spent a lot of time with these young goalies and them nuh look too bad at all. Seems like the best crop yet. I wonder if Burrell a go want call him back or if him back ina New Jersey?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Two of the three goalies we have in the team are products of Cornwall College an institution of higher learning that has been known to produce outstanding goalkeepers starting from way back in the 1950s.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I'm most impressed with Shavar (can we call him Tommy Cool?) Thomas' calmness in defence. Much of his improvement is probably owed to his new coach, Preki. Also, he has learned a lot playing alongside the great Mexican legend, Claudio Suarez.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Shavar was definitely quite stable. Intercepted well, tackled well and made strong passes. Marshall had a couple of lapses, but was good overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          I'm most impressed with Shavar (can we call him Tommy Cool?) Thomas' calmness in defence. Much of his improvement is probably owed to his new coach, Preki. Also, he has learned a lot playing alongside the great Mexican legend, Claudio Suarez.
          I for one wanted to see this youth back in the team, but I won't be starting a rave party yet. The defense was playing Sunday evening ball.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Re: defense was playing Sunday evening ball.

Could be because of the quality of the opposition.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Could be? Although the late Courtney Livingston would say, "You can only beat who dem put in front of you!"
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Cornwall College an institution of higher learning
                Since when a high school is considered an institution of higher learning? I thought that was a term reserved for colleges and universities (as in teritary education).
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Is that the only part of the post you choose to respond to????
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Shavar has been playing well for some time now. I can remember when he was playing for KC and closing doen Damani Ralph and DeMarcus Beasely, although those two were known as speed merchants. CB hurt us when he chose to ignore him.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                      Shavar has been playing well for some time now. I can remember when he was playing for KC and closing doen Damani Ralph and DeMarcus Beasely, although those two were known as speed merchants. CB hurt us when he chose to ignore him.
                      The boy has been playing an important role for Chivas in the MLS.

Comment

The D still needs work, take
                        a look again on the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          One is the midfield work all day and was supporting both attack and defense. There was no a whole lot of need for the big long kicks which we have been seeing for a while. Bibi was in every attacking play and at no stage did he disappear in the game. He was also very helpful in defense.

It is very refreshing to have a clean sheet. We need this to start build on. Our defensive have been a strainer, regardless who we play. It is good to see a defense with poise, and knowing how to do the basic thing. The right back seems to be the weakest link right now and when did we have a a great right back? This is something to build on. Shavar had a very good game.

It seems like Paul Campbell work is paying off. He spent a lot of time with these young goalies and them nuh look too bad at all. Seems like the best crop yet. I wonder if Burrell a go want call him back or if him back ina New Jersey?
                          Omar Daley was a better right back the last time I saw him!
                          Wonder what he is like now?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maybe...but, until we meet higher quality teams we will not know.
                            There really was no pressure from El Salvador.
                            No attacking with pace and swift passing skills! No pulling and tugging at the physical capabilities and mental fortitude of our defense.

Aside: I will say this also - WE GAVE THE BALL TO THE OPPONENTS TOO OFTEN. - We at times played on the opponents TEAM i.e. anti-TEAM to ourselves.

We also did not attack often enough using swift interchange of ball. We did not attack often...with SUDDEN! The times we did we scored or had great chances!

We have a far way to go...but, the potential shown can be developed and can take us to the TOP OF THE WORLD! Needed nuff-nuff matches before start of qualifiers and during the break in qualifiers.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lol !

Whoeee!!

Comment

Working...
                              X