I hate to be a party pooper but that 3-0 win over Salvador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to be a party pooper but that 3-0 win over Salvador

is not worthy of any celebrations what so ever. El Salvador is rebuilding from the bottom up and was not a true test for us.

This is only a FEEL GOOD victory...that's it !

When we play real competition in CONCACAF and be competitive then we can start pop the corks on the champaign or guinness.

McCallum was not tested enough so let's not even start thinking he is our Gordon Banks. He should have been more assertive on that Tyrone Marshall back pass that gave up a corner for us.

There are still questions about Stew Peas at right back, in a tight game does he still have the discipline to stay put and keep focused.
    Our defense was not tested even though I have much more faith in Shavar and Ganny over Peas and Claude.

The midfield was our best piece of the team but still did not control the game even though we won by 3 goals, had someone watched the game and missed the goals you would have thought it was a tie.

Fuller and Shelton still don't look all that good together and Ricardo suffers from the same problems from 5 years ago which is he stiil doesn't know when to shoot as opposed to when to pass.
    JJ has not learned a dam thing...what did Allerdyce say when he was at Bolton....too much dribbling but even worst when he lost the ball you could count to 10 slowly and he still didn't get back to defend.

As I see it Jamaica was starved for National football and with the Captain having a lot of support and momentum this was more of a political victory than a football team winning.
    Last edited by Scaly Spurs; November 19, 2007, 10:54 AM.

At one point, a radio commentator said this was the worst display of passing he has seen at the National Stadium.

Exaggeration? Perhaps, but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think most of us on this board know that this is simply one of two feel good games to announce the programs return. Do not underestimate its 'political' value on the fans to build support, the team to reignite a winning spirit and the rest of CONCACAF to signal we are on our way back.

BTW when was the last time the senior team won by 3 or more goals?

Comment

When was the last time our senior team (not talking Bora's sides) played No. 141 in the world?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Seuss View Post
          I think most of us on this board know that this is simply one of two feel good games to announce the programs return. Do not underestimate its 'political' value on the fans to build support, the team to reignite a winning spirit and the rest of CONCACAF to signal we are on our way back.

BTW when was the last time the senior team won by 3 or more goals?
          A long time ago and I am not underestimating the political value because you definatly need that tto get the program going but hardcore fans like us we should be looking way beyond that.

Comment

btw Jerry Hue has on more than 1 occasion single handedly

beat Guatemala so Wed will also be another political victory also.

When we play and beat teams like Paraguay and Uraguay the way we have in the past then we will be ready.
            Last edited by Scaly Spurs; November 19, 2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

You remember when he came on as a substitue and pulled two goals back in time added-on for a 2-2- draw?

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ITS better than our last games over the fifa break would you not agree? A million miles begins with one step.

Comment

suh mi know weh mi did a watch... a bag of sloppy passing...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    ITS better than our last games over the fifa break would you not agree? A million miles begins with one step.
                    Anything is better than getting beat by Iran, Vietnam and Indonesia

Comment

i could see what the midfield was trying to do....to eliminate the hoofing and i think hoofing was at a minimum in this game. lawd di field bad!!! that does not lend itself to "slick passing"

what made me nervous other than the poor passes in the midfield is too often we tried to dribble out of defence.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That field definitely going to be a problem for any midfield trying to string passes together.

Comment

Do better than that Mosiah. we all know that the FIFA method of ranking teams is not the best there is, you yourself has suggeste over abd over that the ELO system is much better. Fact of the matter is that El Salvador, while they are not the best, they are a good measuring stick. Didt they just tie Costa Rica in San Jose? Not saying they are a good team, or that our team is playing good soccer, I am saying a win is a win...and we the fans can be excused for being "hyped" over the win.
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

A win is a win, but I don't think we should be hyped over any win, so-suh-suh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mek them gwaan talk yah Gamma. The field was so terrible and it had to play some role in the game. The fact is also our midfield for once was winning balls and Bibi,Thompson(if the commentator was right) and Austin was supporting both attack and defense.

The defense was not in a panick mode and two center half wasn't tackling for the ball at the same time or running left the middle wide open. WOW!!!.
                              what a difference.

The first match in a long time that give you the impression that we can put a team togather. What sense it make we have big name ballers who can't stop any side?

Pon a bigger field, Shelton a go kill some man cause with that speed and space to run into he will be deadly.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X