Whitmore dedicates victory to fallen Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitmore dedicates victory to fallen Boyz

Interim coach of Jamaica, Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, dedicated the Reggae Boyz's emphatic 3-0 victory over El Salvador to former fallen teammates Peter Cargill and Stephen 'Shorty' Malcolm.

"I'd like to thank all the fans for coming out here to support us tonight and we would like to dedicate this victory to former Reggae Boyz Peter Cargill and 'Shorty' Malcolm," Whitmore said at the post-game press conference last night.

"This is a team that has their eyes on qualifying for the 2010 World Cup and this was a good way to start that objective," he added.

Captain Ricardo 'Bibi' Gardner (37th, 80th) led the scoring with a double, while Rudolph Austin netted the opener in the 24th minute.

Whitmore, former captain and midfield maestro for the Boyz, was appointed interim head coach for both yesterday's and Wed-nesday's upcoming friendly against Guatemala.

rebuilding process

The squad was the first full- strength team to be called for Jamaica in a little over a year, and Whitmore believes right now the team is in the rebuilding process.

"We thought when we looked at the El Salvador team that a 3-5-2 formation would have been the best bet, but we are still in the experimentation process," Whitmore explained when quizzed about the formation.

Jamaica captain Gardner also thanked the crowd for their support and asked the nation to get behind the national programme.

"It was great to see the fans out here tonight. I thank everyone for coming out, our journey to Africa starts right here and I would like to encourage all of Jamaica to get on board."

Gardner also welcomed the new Jamaica Football Federation administration, led by Captain Horace Burrell, back on board.

- K.M.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Funny how the term "midfield maestro" is being used quite generously for Tappa now that he is coach.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As yuh say dat .... sup wid Hue?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If the question is directed at me...I dunno. Mi jump offa dat bandwagon lang time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          If the question is directed at me...I dunno. Mi jump offa dat bandwagon lang time!
          Oh .. sorry. Wasn't aware you had changed course.

Comment

Yah man! In fact, I spoke to him the other day and told him that my days of campaigning for him are over. He said, yes man, if dem nuh know by now...

Time fi look out for the next real maestro, one Keith Kelly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Interim coach of Jamaica, Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, dedicated the Reggae Boyz's emphatic 3-0 victory over El Salvador to former fallen teammates Peter Cargill and Stephen 'Shorty' Malcolm.
              TAPPA should just leave this alone.

Comment

Yah man! In fact, I spoke to him the other day and told him that my days of campaigning for him are over. He said, yes man, if dem nuh know by now...

Time fi look out for the next real maestro, one Keith Kelly!
                hehehe .... just like that! Mek mi know when mi can start using the Maestro tag in regards to Kelly.

Comment

Let him deal with it the way he wants to, Brickie. Low him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    TAPPA should just leave this alone.
                    Whats wrong with what Tappa did?

Comment

Will do! But we really ought to retire the maestro tag.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Will do! But we really ought to retire the maestro tag.
                        Why? Because Tappa retire? What if Ball Jezas deserves the tag?

Comment

why? mi nuh si nutten wrong wid it.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            why? mi nuh si nutten wrong wid it.
                            I'm not going to go into it again cause nuff man pon di board a guh get vex but if we revisit the circumstances of Shorty's demise Tappa would be well advised to let it go.

Comment

Bricktop is talking about Tappa's role in the accident. His cryptic and morbid mind knows no bounds.

Maybe we should call him MauBID?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X