Wicked Side Tappa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Side Tappa

Marshall and Shavar look solid back deh, no panic thing. Simple and easy. Demar Phillips a wicked player. When Pepe come it a go wicked and you can look fi some shut outs. Mi nuh know how Claude a go manage.

Bibi a wicked midfielder. He was in every attacking play and in every defensive one. He made some good long passes although not all connect but that is the nature of the game when you a spray it. His vision was excellent and as a captain I couldn't ask for more. Putting Austin and Thompson in the middle provide some steel.

JJ has taken a lot of stick on this forum but he is now ready for the premiership. His passing was very good and he was looking for the option at all times. Shelton need to come offa the bench at his club and get rid of the rust althought he did OK and Fuller need to settle down but putting King in there with them is trouble.

A wonder if Bora did a watch? Them give the man basket fi carry water. You want tell me in one year them couldn't get a decent team and game fi the man? Kissssteeeth.

We look ruff but pretty good and didn't loose shape and composure as we oftenly do.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Assassin, the load of crap trhat JJ did when he came on convinces u that hes ready for the premiership?
    He's gonna ride the pine like never before in this campaign, because he agai proves he is uncoachable. Its the same thing he does every time, hold down his head, dribble and lose the ball.

Comment

JJ needs to send timely passes in the middle, instead of trying to beat multiple defenders. Mi never see a lot of that from Fuller & Shelton, which was ideal.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Good post Sass but di you have to spoil it with that take on Jermaine Johnson? No doubt he's a quality player with loads of talent but he's still a headache. All he had to do tonight was to keep it simple....and he failed to do that. Nevertheless, he's a gem coming off the bench.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I must say I missed the last 10 minutes as my little son fell asleep and I had to give him a bath, Maybe I missed something but what I saw was him making two good passes in the middle and playing a good one two with Bibi.

I won't debate on that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, wha kina thng dat? Yuh nuh see di man play but yuh bigging him up.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL.

Comment

To be fair... JJ is more suited to be a winger or forward and for some reason is rarely started in games.. he came on when the game was pretty much done and provided some 'entertainment'

One thing I notice is his tempo is rather higher that the other players who usually by the time he gets in are in slowmo-mode.. he is usually in one-touch mode but he likes to go forward and a few times looks impatient with the defenders gesticulating for the ball. The defenders need to realize that JJ does not need that much room to operate and he is more 'open' than they believe. He is very good at receiving and turning.

I think he would work well with a player like Demar Phillips..

Comment

Wow Ben yuh a gi JJ credit.anway Good vibes win .
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Marshall and Shavar look solid back deh, no panic thing. Simple and easy. Demar Phillips a wicked player. When Pepe come it a go wicked and you can look fi some shut outs. Mi nuh know how Claude a go manage.

Bibi a wicked midfielder. He was in every attacking play and in every defensive one. He made some good long passes although not all connect but that is the nature of the game when you a spray it. His vision was excellent and as a captain I couldn't ask for more. Putting Austin and Thompson in the middle provide some steel.

JJ has taken a lot of stick on this forum but he is now ready for the premiership. His passing was very good and he was looking for the option at all times. Shelton need to come offa the bench at his club and get rid of the rust althought he did OK and Fuller need to settle down but putting King in there with them is trouble.

A wonder if Bora did a watch? Them give the man basket fi carry water. You want tell me in one year them couldn't get a decent team and game fi the man? Kissssteeeth.

We look ruff but pretty good and didn't loose shape and composure as we oftenly do.
                      Yes the back four did their job very well. We did not give El Salvador much all evening. We were simply in a different class inactivity and all.

Interesting how Bibi and Demar were used. When defending Bibi would go to LM but once possession (sp?) was won he would go into the middle of the field and open up the left side for Demar to come flying into it. Bibi was our mvp of the night if we had to choose one.

Assassin I cannot agree with you at all on JJ. Was complete and utter rubbish last night. Pure nonsense. He was the only player who did not belong on the field for the Boyz.

The goal by Austin was a GOLASO!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't add anymore to that. Outside of the goal I thought he played a very good game. He has a bad habit of going to ground too early and made a few iffy challenges from behind where he was fortunate to get all ball. Just a bit more polishing and he could be good to go.

Jamal Campbell Ryce was extremely impressive. He was an absolute terror all night on both sides of the ball. That outside right mid spot him have pon lock to rhatid. Before Bibi scored his two goals I would have picked him as our mvp. El Salvador simply had no answer for him.

Another good player was the GK. His distribution was spot on all evening and he made the plays he had to make. The GK is the first person in attack he allowed the team to get forward very quickly.

Shelton and Fuller had solid eveings. They held the ball up very well for our team to get forward and were unlucky not to score themselves. Shelton showed certain skills I did not realize he had. I knew Ricardo was comfortable playing with his back to goal but Shelton looks like has improved that part of his game greatly since he's been overseas.

We need to work on the build up phase of our game but what's new eh? We've always had trouble with that aspect.

Our home field really is disadvantage for us. It is too small and the ball bounces all over the frigging field. For the love god can't we get a half a$$ surface? This is just embarrasing man. Our home field is a twelth defender. It was a great advantage when our boyz were all local but now that we have all these pros playing on good surfaces week in and week out it has now become our own worst enemy. Hopefully Burrell can do something.

I thought the referee interfered a bit too much in the match. The game was a bit too much stop and go and there were a number of times where he could have allowed advantage but chose to blow his whistle. He interrupted the flow of the game with those unnecessary stoppages. He was spot on though for that two footed stomp. That was a really stupid thing to do for the El Salvadoran. Reminded me of Zidane in the 98 WC when he was suspended for like 3 games for stomping one of the Saudi players.

Credit to the Jamaica team for not reacting to the foul and getting any unnecessary cards. It is little things like this we learn when our players are in a professional environment every week. You don't help the other team out by getting yourself a yellow card for nonsense. The ref was on it.....he appropriately red carded.....now focus back on business. If this had been the Jamaica of old we would have had ten different man pushing and shoving the El Salvadoran player getting themselves dumb yellow and red cards in the process. We showed a great deal of sophistication in not reacting.

After the red card El Salvador played the rest of the match trying to preserve the 2-0 loss with a bunch of defensive subs. Unfortunately Bibi had other ideas.

What can I say about Tappa? Not much seeing how this is first time out. However I can comment that I love the team he picked. I have gotten so used to us mismanaging our roster selections and putting together a crap group of players that I really expected Theo to be more of the same with the whole tribal thing. Normally Jamaican coaches tend to be afraid of the overseas players so they try to demonize them rather then admit that they do not have the ability to coach players at that level. I pray this is an indication that we are now going to take a professional and serious approach to the Reggae Boyz.

It was not the greatest performance by a Reggae Boyz team but a nice first step in building momentum for the program. Guatemala will certainly be a tougher match on wed. Carlos Ruiz will be a really nice test for our backline to deal with. Hopefully guys like Shavar and Tyrone will give our other players the 411 on how to play Ruiz. The man loves to dive, grab, punch, kick and use any other trick to try and get an advantage. As well give him a half an inch and he scores. For the first time in a long time I look forward to a Reggae Boyz match! - T.K.
                      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I give it when it is due.

JJ excels when defenders are on their heels.. the ball has to be moving with momemtum going forward.. when the ball stops and defenders are able to organize and double team.. well.. unless he has a quick 1-2 alternative he is going to take them on.. unfortunately he is not at his best when stationary as he cannot use his hip turning ability or footwork to unseat defenders.

Comment

Is that a serious question ?

You cannot compare Bibi with a midfield player like Hue.

Bibi is NOT a natural midfield player... he has very good range and good long range accuracy for a DEFENDER but is average as a midfield distributor (not consistently accurate)... his ball possession skills are also average for midfield distributor.

Comment

Campbell-Ryce seems weak with the crossing.. very good engine but not sure about him having the right side locked... lets see how Omar Daley does..

Also would like to see JJ start and get a good 70 minutes to work himself in..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                              Campbell-Ryce seems weak with the crossing.. very good engine but not sure about him having the right side locked... lets see how Omar Daley does..

Also would like to see JJ start and get a good 70 minutes to work himself in..
                              Where do you see Omar best helping this team when it is all said done? My gut tells me he will find a spot at RB more so than at right mid.

Between Ryce, JJ, and Richards we seem to have that position well covered. I would not be suprised to see JJ start on wed.

As for Jamal Campbell Ryce's crosses......I don't remember anyone's crossing looking that good to be honest. To be frank on the short narrow hard and bumpy field the idea of getting good services like we see on the weekend is almost a pipe dream. Well the good news is that we have some good options out there. - T.KK.
                              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                              X