Reggae Boyz following Tappas's style and strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz following Tappas's style and strategy

The one thing that stood out for me on Jamaica's approach play was patience, up tempo passing and movement, and above all a preference in decision mating for the maintenance of possession. In what I have not seen since the days of Rene Simoes, a Jamaica team seems to be playing to the instructions and philosophy of the manager. Tappa's imprimatur was stamped all over this team, especially in its approach play and the attempts to keep possession in the 2nd and final third. The players seemed to want to play for him.

When full backs chose to send short and penetrating passes into crowded 2nd third to try to find the midfielders' feet, the pass completion rates were not perfect but acceptable. One of the most difficult task and some would say the nest national managers are able to do, is to successfully impose a playing style and philosophy in 4 training sessions prior to an international on 25 players (some with jet lag) coming from different clubs and playing systems. From what I saw against El Salvador, Tappa was able to do that. He should be congratulated. Well Done!

I think with a few more games under their belt, they should start playing a bit more fluid. I think Tappa handled the situation well and the team seemed to be trying to play for him.

How did you like the goalkeepers handling of the game? From what I saw, I was impressed with McAllum. Kerr was up to the task as well. I think the competition for the goalkeeping position is healthy. Of Ricketts, McAllum and Kerr, I think we should be well covered in that department. When you add Whittaker and Sawyers into the mix, we are not too rusty at all. I also think the Under-23 goalkeeper Sherck deserves honorable mention.

Good start by Tappa. I was particularly impressed with his decision making and handling of the team overall. his substitutions were spot on and showed a thinking coach trying to impact the game. I say well done Tappa.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The game nuh done yet cause all now mi nuh see one cane cutter yet .

Having Shavar and Marshall around there made it look easy, Brilliant choice.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

shrek is kerr.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
          The one thing that stood out for me on Jamaica's approach play was patience, up tempo passing and movement, and above all a preference in decision mating for the maintenance of possession. In what I have not seen since the days of Rene Simoes, a Jamaica team seems to be playing to the instructions and philosophy of the manager. Tappa's imprimatur was stamped all over this team, especially in its approach play and the attempts to keep possession in the 2nd and final third. The players seemed to want to play for him.

When full backs chose to send short and penetrating passes into crowded 2nd third to try to find the midfielders' feet, the pass completion rates were not perfect but acceptable. One of the most difficult task and some would say the nest national managers are able to do, is to successfully impose a playing style and philosophy in 4 training sessions prior to an international on 25 players (some with jet lag) coming from different clubs and playing systems. From what I saw against El Salvador, Tappa was able to do that. He should be congratulated. Well Done!
          Could not agree with you more!
          A made a comment earlier on the selection of bradley Stewart as his assistant - Bradley coaches "Tappa-like" football! Every last single one of bradley TEAMs play pass and move...possession football.

Where I had a problem with Bradley was his too many of his TEAMs had serious problems scoring goals. They would [Arsenal-like(?)] create tons of scoring changes in each game through beautiful passing and movement.

Example: His JC days of the "Pot-Cover" McDonald teams.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

patience, up tempo passing and movement... decision making for possession... definitely tappa... the youth austin looked as he followed tappa's instruction to a 't'...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Or is it Kerr is Shrek?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X