Guatemala should be another rudimentary test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guatemala should be another rudimentary test

Wednesdays' game should be even more interesting.

Todays game shows lots of 'rustiness'. It shows a squad that has not been playing together. There's lots of work to be done. Meaning, lots of friendlies to be played.

Who was that #12? He needs to keep his game simple. The brucky-boo thing just aint cuttin' it.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

#12 is Jermaine "Teddy or JJ" Johnson. Yes, that has been the knock against him for a long time. He is a bundle of talent though. Hope Tappa or The prof can get him to settle down and play football.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I also hope that Tappa will keep
      Rudi Austin in the Def. Mid. position for Wednesday's game. Mosiah and myself have been touting Austin from way back, even before he did so well against that Mexican side in the CONCACAF Club games. A broken ankle (I think) kept him out for almost a year but now he is back with a bang!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

that's all i do - spot the future talents. kudos to your assessment as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, Portmore got the best young talents islandwide. We've won the U21 league 4 yrs str8. Beat Seba 10-0 for the opener of this season Coca-Cola sponsored league.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Wednesdays' game should be even more interesting.

Todays game shows lots of 'rustiness'. It shows a squad that has not been playing together. There's lots of work to be done. Meaning, lots of friendlies to be played.

Who was that #12? He needs to keep his game simple. The brucky-boo thing just aint cuttin' it.
            Good chat!
            I hope the Captain can get the TEAM an average of at least 1 match a month!

Considering the squad was coming together for the first time - good display! Yep! have to say it again - need the matches to keep coming!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No question Guatemala will be a tougher test. The team was not half bad considering the complete lack of activity over the last 3 years and the fact that we have a bad habit of never calling a strong team together. We were definitely a class above.

Jermain Johnson was complete garbage. - T.K.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Not so. mi seh him dislocate one El Salavador breddah knee cap on di right side..

Quite entertaining when the game was slipping into the duldrums.

Also he was instrumental in the last goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  Not so. mi seh him dislocate one El Salavador breddah knee cap on di right side..

Quite entertaining when the game was slipping into the duldrums.

Also he was instrumental in the last goal.
                  Yeah the last goal he played the ball into the target forward who layed it back for Bibi but the truth is he was horrible. He was black hole all evening. Once the ball came to him he promptly lost it. He was downright awful. I just wonder if it is simply too late for him. I can't even see him being used as a super sub playing the way he did last night. Then again maybe he just had an off night which can happen to any player. It will be interesting to see how he plays on wed. Hopefully he can play better. - T.K.

Comment

To be fair, he did not lose every ball. JJ does play off his teamates up to about the last 3rd of the field. that is because they are there.. once we get into the final 3rd, the numbers dwindle and space shrinks.. at which point it is either

1. Speculative Cross
                    2. Pass back to a defender (who is his midfield option ?)
                    3. Take on the defenders

And we all know what route he takes 90%.

When he receives the ball wide with no obvious forward passing option or quick 1-2 option he will take it forward.. what we probably need is a outlet pass for him when the 2nd Defender closes.. 3/4 of his problems occur when he is double teamed near the sideline...

Need to see him start and get 70 minutes when players are fresh and the tempo is faster.
                    Last edited by Muadib; November 19, 2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                      To be fair, he did not lose every ball. JJ does play off his teamates up to about the last 3rd of the field.

When he receives the ball wide with no obvious forward passing option or quick 1-2 option he will take it forward.. what we probably need is a outlet pass for him when the 2nd Defender closes.. 3/4 of his problems occur when he is double teamed near the sideline...

Need to see him start and get 70 minutes when players are fresh and the tempo is faster.
                      I think that's fair. There is probably a good chance he'll get good minutes on wed. I am sure Tappa will have to be careful about delegating minutes to the english players who play regularly with their club teams on wed. I can't imagine guys like Ryce, Fuller, and Stewart getting more than a half. JJ and the all of the players will have many more times to shine over the next couple of years so I am not writing anyone off. - T.K.

Comment

t.k. you cannot write off jj after this performance... the entire team was losing balls... plus jj came on after the pace was slowed to a walk... the team had basically secured the win... gallery ball was the mode from all when he came on... there wasn't the support there for him... he was left alone to basically do work by himself... i want to see jj from the start when the game is more organized... he definitely belongs on the team...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

good assessment benj... totally agree with you here...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Austin is a real prospect and you have no idea of his size until you stand beside him, this kid is build like a brick 5hithouse and very hard to move off the ball.
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

actually it was 3-0....the win over Seba on Friday
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X