Good 1st half! Unfortunately, the fairly quick release of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good 1st half! Unfortunately, the fairly quick release of

the ball we displayed in the 1st half - TEAMplays...is now absent. Too mnay of our players are dwelling on the ball.

Could it be that the heat has affectedour players?

That holding on to the ball and the too many the extremely poor passes, i.e giving the ball to the opponents...poor long passes...in this half has our game now down to crap!

Fuller needs to pass the ball off quicker. Too often he holds on to it and attempts to beat his opponents...then when his TEAMmate is covered or in a tight place he passes it to the TEAMmate. I am disappointed in Fuller. Not enough TEAM!...teamplay! We quick wall-passes...one-twos to unlock the defense and get off shots at goal.

btw - Shelton also plays that same anti-TEAM way! Too often holds the ball too long...and, does not make 'set for shots on goal passes'
    or uses his Teammates to get return passes for shots on goal for himself.
    Last edited by Karl; November 18, 2007, 09:03 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I prefer to think that El Salvador came with a defensive counter attacking game.
    That is, until the two goals were scored in quck succession by the Reggae Boyz. So they tried to attack in the last few minutes in the first half where the success rate was low.
    In the second half the Salvadorans came out attacking in the first few minutes until one of theirs received a few card. Then it was back to the basics of defending and counter-attacking.
    Basically, the Reggae Boyz figured out what the Savaldorans were doing and did not bother to expend themselves even after the third goal this was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
      I prefer to think that El Salvador came with a defensive counter attacking game.
      That is, until the two goals were scored in quck succession by the Reggae Boyz. So they tried to attack in the last few minutes in the first half where the success rate was low.
      In the second half the Salvadorans came out attacking in the first few minutes until one of theirs received a few card. Then it was back to the basics of defending and counter-attacking.
      Basically, the Reggae Boyz figured out what the Savaldorans were doing and did not bother to expend themselves even after the third goal this was obvious.
      2nd half - We need to be practising good football...or, working at playing good football! I hated the wasted time...the not trying to play well!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I agree.
        They had 2 or 3 more goals in them for the second half.

Comment

Working...
        X