Excllent Run Scotland!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excllent Run Scotland!!

The ref gifted Italy the 2-1 win over Scotland during the final 2 minutes of the game. (Shown live on RAI)

Italy scored in the 2nd minute--but failed to truly dominate the Scots at home.

The Euro championhip has propelled Scotland in the teens of the FIFA rankings. They have beaten France twice in their quest....

Scotland cannot boast having skilled frilly brucky-boo type players. What they have is a TEAM (Karl)--whose desire and spirit is beyond question.

Scotland....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    The ref gifted Italy the 2-1 win over Scotland during the final 2 minutes of the game. (Shown live on RAI)

Italy scored in the 2nd minute--but failed to truly dominate the Scots at home.

The Euro championhip has propelled Scotland in the teens of the FIFA rankings. They have beaten France twice in their quest....

Scotland cannot boast having skilled frilly brucky-boo type players. What they have is a TEAM (Karl)--whose desire and spirit is beyond question.

Scotland....
    It would have been great if the TEAM had made it! ...but,
    a certain friend of ours can feel satisfied.
    Agreed!

Good run!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I'm gutted.

Glorious losers yet again.

Tomorrow maybe we can take pride in what we achieved- beating France twice, beating Ukraine and almost putting Italy out of the championships (can't believe the refereeing decision that led to their second goal, gggrrrr).

Perhaps more importantly, that in a time when politics are changing, this team gave the Scottish people hope and belief in what our country can be if we fight hard for it. To almost every man, woman and child we united in our country's colours to support the dream. There is a different, more positive approach to life in Scotland this year and it has been reflected in the national side. You can sense the change on the streets. But that is for tomorrow.....tonight we're still devastated (and Russia didn't help).

I see you guys are playing tomorrow night. Good luck.

Comment

YAY! LULU'S BACK!

I've missed you Lu. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Ends in typical Scotish fackery......ah heroes defeat, ain't impressed!
          It would be good to be there when da gates of Zion are closed ......... Chalice

Comment

Sorry about the dissapointment Lulu. Been there, done that in the past few years with our Reggae Boyz. I feel your pain.

Anyway, better luck next time.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Lulu View Post
              I'm gutted.

Glorious losers yet again.

Tomorrow maybe we can take pride in what we achieved- beating France twice, beating Ukraine and almost putting Italy out of the championships (can't believe the refereeing decision that led to their second goal, gggrrrr).

Perhaps more importantly, that in a time when politics are changing, this team gave the Scottish people hope and belief in what our country can be if we fight hard for it. To almost every man, woman and child we united in our country's colours to support the dream. There is a different, more positive approach to life in Scotland this year and it has been reflected in the national side. You can sense the change on the streets. But that is for tomorrow.....tonight we're still devastated (and Russia didn't help).
              Cheer up!
              I'm with you on being sorry you did not get a draw! It would have been deserved.

I see you guys are playing tomorrow night. Good luck.
              Thanks! We need it!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X