Zeppo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppo....

Give us a prediction on the game with S. Africa tomorrow. Probably a better group of attackers you'll be facing then the one you saw in Switzerland I would figure. How will your squad perform? Of course the biggest question for tomorrow would be......To play or not to play as it relates to Jozy. Should he see action tomorrow or just take it in? Still upset at not seeing Arturo Alvarez given a shot. He is a talent. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

TK Altidore have to get a few minutes. I wouldn't look for him to start but giving him 10 minutes won't hurt anything, let him see what international ball at this level is all about.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Actually Zeppo I see you guys only brought two forwards in Dempsey and Altidore. So if I was to do my best guess it probably makes sense that Bradley will go with a lone forward or center forward set up of Clint Dempsey and bring on Altidore in the 2nd half. - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        TK Altidore have to get a few minutes. I wouldn't look for him to start but giving him 10 minutes won't hurt anything, let him see what international ball at this level is all about.
        Yeah I just looked at the final roster and saw that only Dempsey and Altidore are forwards. I know Freddy can play a withdrawn forward if called upon even though that is not ideal. Now that I look at the roster I can't imagine Altidore not getting his first full cap. - T.K.

Comment

Well, I really don't see us getting a win there. Losing our biggest attacking spark, Donovan, isn't helping our chances. And from what I've been reading the players have been struggling a bit during training with the heat and altitude, too.

I hate to sound like a coach here, but the result really doesn't matter. It's all about getting some of the younger guys experience in a foreign atmosphere.

But yeah, I see Altidore getting some game time, too. Especially with so few other options at forward. It would be nice to see him and Freddy on the field at the same time -- especially since they worked so well together during the U-20 WC last summer.

And I really wish Michael Parkhurst could have made the trip, but the MLS final took precedence. Oh well, maybe next time...
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
            Well, I really don't see us getting a win there. Losing our biggest attacking spark, Donovan, isn't helping our chances. And from what I've been reading the players have been struggling a bit during training with the heat and altitude, too.

I hate to sound like a coach here, but the result really doesn't matter. It's all about getting some of the younger guys experience in a foreign atmosphere.

But yeah, I see Altidore getting some game time, too. Especially with so few other options at forward. It would be nice to see him and Freddy on the field at the same time -- especially since they worked so well together during the U-20 WC last summer.

And I really wish Michael Parkhurst could have made the trip, but the MLS final took precedence. Oh well, maybe next time...
            Yeah it is tough to play in someone's backyard in any case. Add in the altitude of Johanesburg(sp?) which is higher than Mexico City and you get some difficult circumstances. It will be good for the players to get that experience before future matches against Mexico and of course returning for the Confederations cup.

Yeah losing Donovan is always bad for the US but it will be good for the team to play without him and try and step up to the challenge. He tends to dissapear in big games and if you guys could find another go to player you might end up being better off. I have always considered Donovan a complimentary player in go-to players clothing. I call him the Jaime Moreno of the US team. If Dempsey or Altidore can become "The Man" over the next couple of years we could yet see the best of Donovan again. And yes I do realize that he is going to not only break but destroy the US all time goal scoring record. I still think he is Bebeto to someone's Romario if the US could ever find Romario.

No the result does not matter for the US in the end but with S. Africa under alot of pressure from the public right now it coud be an ugly game if the US team does not come to play. Lose 3, 4 nothing and Bradley and the crew could be in for a long winter.

No question Michael Parkhurts will be in the pool after MLS Cup. I look forward to he and Arturo Alvarez getting a few matches under their belt in 08. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
            X