RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your views on Haitian football??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OJ View Post

yes but hati just hosted the qualifying didn't they. The same one where bahamas bet Jam.. u know what I dont want to recall that embarrasment. But the fact is that hati would be Willing to host/.
    Its always good to face your demons. How else would you get ova them? But you do make a good point. Its a learning process and teams will be gunnning for us everytime. Like i said in a previous post its their glory when they beat a top team in CFU. It psychology makes our opponents thing they're as good as or better than us.

Comment

Notice that Trinidad never gets Haiti in the WCQ.

Comment

yuh zeet?.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post

Notice that Trinidad never gets Haiti in the WCQ.
          Not true. Trini have drawn them several times and have also done the business against Haiti in WCQ.

The point I'm making is with all their success at youh level football they seem to fail miserably at senior level. Look back at the Gold Cup in June. They sent a very strong squad and only managed 1 pt from their group. They lack success at seniors which is why we hammered them at home the last time in WCQ

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            Not true. Trini have drawn them several times and have also done the business against Haiti in WCQ.

The point I'm making is with all their success at youh level football they seem to fail miserably at senior level. Look back at the Gold Cup in June. They sent a very strong squad and only managed 1 pt from their group. They lack success at seniors which is why we hammered them at home the last time in WCQ
            Trinidad played Haiti in Port au Prince Haiti 1974,and one other time I do not remember,but mark my words lately Since the mid 1990's caribbean football have eclipse where Jamaica get better result playing teams outside the Caribbean,Today Haiti & Trinidad get better results playing inside the region,in the 1980's this was not the case especially for jamaica to beat central and South american teams...

Today Trinidad is not getting the results like the pre 1990 world cup era when the they were again denied a place in the world cup final held in Italy.
            I will not show off for Jamaica's sake but our national psyche towards football
            as change since 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi View Post
              Trinidad played Haiti in Port au Prince Haiti 1974,and one other time I do not remember,but mark my words lately Since the mid 1990's caribbean football have eclipse where Jamaica get better result playing teams outside the Caribbean,Today Haiti & Trinidad get better results playing inside the region,in the 1980's this was not the case especially for jamaica to beat central and South american teams...

Today Trinidad is not getting the results like the pre 1990 world cup era when the they were again denied a place in the world cup final held in Italy.
              I will not show off for Jamaica's sake but our national psyche towards football
              as change since 1994.
              Pepsi,

The soca warriors have met the haitians 7 times in World Cup qualifying. The last time both teams met was in 2000 and Trini eliminated them from the the 2002 World Cup.

I will agree with your comments in regards with us getting the better results in the 90's against opposition outside the region but they along with Haiti have looked better the last couple of years. Now we're in the same both judging from the heavy defeats we've received in recent times. Of course we will recover and so will they to in time for WCQ next year.

And i agree the psyche has changed somewhat but we still have a long way to go. The talent is there but we have to learn how to be a bit more disciplined and organised. A great TD with pedigree will bring that as was witnessed when Leo Beenhakker took over the Soca Warriors who had 1pt from 3 matches in the hexagonal in April 2005. We saw the transformation he made in the space of 7 months making it possible for WC qualification. I don't think we should leave it till the end and I'm pretty sure that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
              X