another Lesson for Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another Lesson for Us

How many of us have seen how our beloved players shoot no no Moe I am talking about kicking a soccer ball so please dont call Mrs. Gomes.
    I would like to take this opportunity to agree with sickko and Tilla that we do need instructors and or teachers of the game.
    all the games I have seen our senior team in especially Fuller, they lack the requisite quality and composure around the goal. i know Fuller scores regularly for club but internationally when I see him, he goes for power more than placement.
    Tilla I agree with you on the "long kick" from Ricketts foregoing our midfielders. Let me be the first to say that, that can easily be corrected and instill in any goalkeeper. This can be instructed to the keeper by his captain,his defenders and/or by the coach, that is if he is so hard headed and apt to rush his play. They can advise him on when to long kick or how to read the game. I am not an expert but i know that the best start is usually a "build up" from wing back and midfielders, yet a little mix up in when to 'long Kick can be communicated during the game at critical times.
    Yes sir you are right, "good schools" does not necessarily produce able thinkers, Most times it is still up to the desire of each student.
    As for quoting Ben J....i was implicitly insinuating his ad hoc fallacy of interpellating every posters intellectual pedigree with their opinions as our eternal interpleader.
    Note.....
    Addendum:
    My good friend Maudid's ad hominem behavior knows no bounds."
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

PJ, mek we get Ricketts a set of instructional videos. I am sure if he watch some players like Petr Cech, Brad Friedel, Edwin van der Sar, David James, Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann and Jussi Jaaskelainen, he could learn a thing or two. Remember he was in the EPL behind Jaaskelainen at Bolton until he was turned loose by Big Sam.

I actually chose these goalkeepers because they play at the highest level in England and he gets a chance to see them every week. If he watches carefully, he could learn a thing or two. Hey, he can learn something from the three Americans in he list too as trust me, I would love to have any of them keep goal for us.

Anyway Mr Prime Minister, it was good talking with you. One thing I can say, you know ball. You know it more than many who come on here and just get emotional over the sport.

We need to help Ricketts save his career. He has all the physical tools for a good GK, but just that little bit of work could make a hell of a difference in him.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mi hear seh yuh being chauffuer drivin in S-Class benz these days....

Last time yuh declare yuh assets it was less dan 30 Million.. tings ah gwaan fi yuh since.. apprantly..

Comment

Ben J, mek wi keep it footballnuh man. It was an interesting discussion until you bring in the politics.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Addendum:

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          Mi hear seh yuh being chauffuer drivin in S-Class benz these days....

Last time yuh declare yuh assets it was less dan 30 Million.. tings ah gwaan fi yuh since.. apprantly..
          Addendum:
          My good friend Maudib's ad hominem behavior knows no bounds."
          Last edited by PeeJay; November 15, 2007, 11:30 PM.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Man ah talk about hominy porridge suh wha ?! Free for all...

Comment

My Good friend

"Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the RBSC, I forget that not everyone knows me that well."

Comment

Working...
              X