No announcement yet.

Just had a thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jawge, a quicker question. How much younger were those players pre-WC 1998? They were at least 10 years younger, faster across ground, quicker in their thinking and ready to give it all on the field.

Anyway, where are the flaws in my reasoning? I can only see yours. . .
    You seem to be stuck in the mid 90s.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

This is the response to Rico's post? Then please respond to the post in the future.

Thanks.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The gulf in quality between English League One and the Premiership is the same as between League One and CONCACAF international football. Speed of thought, decision-making, with-ball and off-ball running is fast, very fast. That was the main reason for our success in qualifying for Wc98: Jamaica moved the ball faster than our opponents most of the time.

Pepe is successful at playing against League One forwards and opposition, whose attacks are simple, direct and aerial. He will be found wanting against quality international team attackers, much more than a Shavar Thomas or even Young Granny Marshall who play in the US MLS.

I am against picking Pepe to start, not because of his age, but because of the quality of opposition he comes up against. With that said though, his leadership qualities is without questions for club and for country, and Jamaica will need a leader on the pitch, especially when the game is going against us.

This is a tough one. I do not envy Tappa. He has to make the decision based on the three training sessions Goodison will have before the Wednesday game, since he wont be on Jamaica until Sunday. And maybe by then the two central defenders picked for the Sunday game will have performed well, and cemented their place to start for the Guatemala game on Wednesday.

Either way, Yard football nice again. All the ol waggonist start post again. Welcome back....

Comment

Laza had similar constraints yet produced the best team we have ever assembled.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

agreed Dweetseet and mi nuh normally agree with liverpool people. I saw the same with the canadian central back, looking great in england but lost in concacaff.

Comment

Working...
            X