Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips hopes to wow Stoke fans

Phillips hopes to wow Stoke fans

Demar Phillips is eager to show Stoke fans what he is capable of after making his long-awaited debut against Sheffield United on Saturday.
    Euro 2008 Qualfiers - £20 Free Matched Bet

Austria v England - Beckham to score first and England to win 2-0 - 28/1

TEAM PAGES

Stoke City

The Jamaican winger came on as a 78th-minute substitute against the Blades for his first taste of first-team action since his summer move from Jamaican club Waterhouse.

He told the club's official website: "As soon as I get a chance, I will show the club and the fans what I can do. Every time I go out there, I'll try and do my best."

The 24-year-old says he has settled in well at the Britannia Stadium but admits it has taken a bit of time to adjust to English football.

"Football (in England) has a very fast pace but you can't let that be a problem - you just have to adapt to the way they play," he added.

"But the players have welcomed me a lot.
    From as soon as I came here everyone has been really close."
    No need to thank me forumites.

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
    Phillips hopes to wow Stoke fans

Demar Phillips is eager to show Stoke fans what he is capable of after making his long-awaited debut against Sheffield United on Saturday.

"Football (in England) has a very fast pace but you can't let that be a problem - you just have to adapt to the way they play," he added.
    Aaaaah!
    Fast paced, eeeh?

Quick over ground! Quick reaction time! Quick thinking and action!
    Aaaaaaaaaah!

We need better playing surfaces at home! ...bet that would lead to faster play?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X