• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Star - JFF includes Thomas, Fraser for friendlies

JFF includes Thomas, Fraser for friendlies

( L - R ) Shavar Thomas, Sean Fraser - file photos
    kingston (cmc)

The Jamaica Football Fed-eration has added another seven overseas-based players to their roster for the Reggae Boyz's two upcoming friendly internationals against El Salvador and Guatemala.
    Demar Stewart, Jason Morrison and Rafe Wolfe of Royal Whitestar in Belgium, Shavar Thomas of Chivas in the United States, Sean Fraser of Miami FC, Demar phillips of Stoke City, Khari Stephenson of AIKS in Sweden, and Dane Richards of New York Red Bulls, are the latest overseas addition.

They joined Ricardo Gardener of Bolton and Jamal Campbell-Ryce, who plays for English Championship club Barnsley, Ricardo Fuller of English Championship side Stoke City, and Damion Stewart of Queens Park Rangers in the 26-member squad for the matches against El Salvador on November 18 and Guatemala on November 21, both at the National Stadium.

There are eight local-based players in the squad, inclusive of Waterhouse's in-form midfielder Damian 'Capo' Williams and national Under-20 goalie, Duwayne Kerr.

SQUAD:
    Goalkeepers - Donovan Ricketts (Bradford City England), Richard McCallumn (Waterhouse FC, Jamaica), Duwayne Kerr (Portmore United, Jamaica).

Defenders - Damian Stewart (Queens Park Rangers, England), Ian Goodison (Tranmere Rovers, England), Demar Stewart (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Rafe Wolfe (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC, Canada), Shavar Thomas (Chivas, USA), Wolry Wolfe (Portmore United FC Jamaica), Christopher Jackson (Tivoli Gardens FC, Jamaica).

Midfielders - Sean Fraser (Miami FC), Jason Morrison (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Ricardo Gardner (Bolton Wanderers, England), Omar Daley (Bradford City, England), Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday, England), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley, England), Khari Stephenson (AIKS, Sweden), Rudolph Austin (Portmore United FC, Jamaica), Ricardo Geddes (Seba FC, Jamaica), Damian Williams (Waterhouse FC, Jamaica), Demar Phillips (Stoke City).

Forwards - Luton Shelton (Sheffield United, England), Ricardo Fuller (Stoke City, England), Dane Richards (NY Red Bulls, USA), Fabian Taylor (Harbour View FC, Jamaica).
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I must admit.....this is the first time in a long time that I have been so excited over a roster. This has to be the strongest Reggae Boyz team ever assembled. I really hope they play well. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

You are gonna be more excited
      about the Tappa/Prof.Simoes combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        You are gonna be more excited
        about the Tappa/Prof.Simoes combo.
        Well they are part of the roster....... - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
          I must admit.....this is the first time in a long time that I have been so excited over a roster. This has to be the strongest Reggae Boyz team ever assembled. I really hope they play well. - T.K.
          Too bad only eleven can play at a time. Give the JFF's finances how dem going find uniform for everybody? I wouldn't like to be one of the ten or so who flew half way around the world only not to dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
            Too bad only eleven can play at a time. Give the JFF's finances how dem going find uniform for everybody? I wouldn't like to be one of the ten or so who flew half way around the world only not to dress.
            Well there is hope.
            The JFF found $71+ million to hold both matches! new leader in the hot seat!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              That's okay. I have gotten so used to us making horrible roster selections for games that it never crossed my mind that we would actually try and put together a strong squad. It looks like we may actually be getting serious about this football thing. I pray this is a sign of a more focused and professional approach. - T.K.

Comment

what happen to Teafore Bennet, is he injured? To me he is one of there more useful forwards.

Comment

Working...
                X