all this because emgland might not qualify for euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    plus his issue seems to be "young" players.

the BPL is an exciting league and it did not get there because of the english talent!

lampard and gerrard have benefitted from playing on club teams with creative players...notice how they flop when they play for england? they don't get the same service....
    ...and, they do not have the surrounding talent that will force opponents to always 'play honest'. The exceptional England player will always have quick shutting down and the facing of double teaming by oponents. In their club teams such gambling by switching off one's defensive duties and double teaming other players too often exact the punishment of giving away good goalscoring opportunities or worse - the giving up of a goal!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

then why england cannot do that? what yuh seh? their top players fall short of the mark? ok...i see.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

well done karl...you just repeated what i said in just over 500 words.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

then why england cannot do that? what yuh seh? their top players fall short of the mark? ok...i see.
          They cannot? Gerrard was being courted by Ac Milan. You doubt he could perform in Italy? Lampard was being courted by Barcalona. When Rio was ifing and buting to sign a new contract a certain Real Madrid was sniffing around.

Ligue 1 is as competitive nor exciting as the EPL. No Shatta, its not colonial brainwash. David Bellion that struggled to score when he was in England is now the 2nd leading scorer in France.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

if i coulda woulda shoulda.....but they don't! juan veron struggled in england too....is his class in doubt?

Comment

if i coulda woulda shoulda.....but they don't! juan veron struggled in england too....is his class in doubt?
              Juan Sebastian Veron was a general in Italy and for the Argentine national team? What blassphemy to wanna compare Bellion with Veron?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

they both didn't make it in england and were more successful elsewhere...you courted the comparison suh what yuh complaining about?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........AHAHAHAHAHAHA. ...HAHAHA....... - T.K.
                  No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Erm Gamma maybe Veron did
                    not make it for the British press, but I can assure you he came up big for Manu in key games (the Chelsea game to decide the title springs quickly to mind). Please review Veron's time in England.

Comment

put it this way.....fabregas has had a better english career than veron did.

Comment

Ok now I see you
                        going down the Manu vs Arse. have it your way boss.

Comment

You're welcome!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

put it this way.....fabregas has had a better english career than veron did.
                            Veron won the EPL, what Cesc win?

Comment

"There is no point having the best league in the world if the national team is going to suffer in the long run."

What Gerrard doesn't seem to realize is that they are two different things.

The Premier League and its managers are not tasked with helping the English national team.
                              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                              - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                                "There is no point having the best league in the world if the national team is going to suffer in the long run."

What Gerrard doesn't seem to realize is that they are two different things.

The Premier League and its managers are not tasked with helping the English national team.
                                Well if the economic impact is as it is because of its being the "best league in the world"...then, it would suggest that ways must be found to negate that "suffering of the national team".

Obstacles are there to be surmounted!

Comment

Working...
                                X