Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule: Arrival of overseas based Reggae Boyz

JAMAICA FOOTBALL FEDERATION LTD.

Founded 1962, Affiliated to FIFA and CONCACAF C.F.U. CABLE: Football Jamaica
    20 St. Lucia Crescent, Kingston 5, Jamaica, West Indies
    Telephone: (876) 929-0484/929-8036/926-1182
    Fax: (876) 929-0483
    Email: jamff@hotmail.com

November 13, 2007

Arrival of overseas based Reggae Boyz

The National Senior Men’s Training squad will begin its preparation for the upcoming friendly international games on Thursday, November 15, 2007.

Please see below the arrival schedule for the overseas based invitees to the squad.

Name
    Date
    Arrival
    Damion Stewart
    November 13
    N/A

Khari Stephenson
    November 14
    5:20pm

Ricardo Gardner
    November 14
    5:55pm

Tyrone Marshall
    November 14
    7:35pm

Luton Shelton
    November 14
    10:20pm

Ricardo Fuller
    November 14

Demar Phillips
    November 14

Jamal Campbell-Ryce
    November 14

Jermaine Johnson
    November 14

Rafe Wolfe
    November 14

Jason Morrison
    November 14

Demar Stewart
    November 14

Dane Richards
    November 14

Shavar Thomas
    November 15
    12:30pm

Donovan Ricketts
    November 18

Omar Daley
    November 18

Ian Goodison
    November 18

PATRON: The Governor General

OFFICERS: Captain Horace Burrell, President; Dale Spencer, 1st Vice President; Bruce Gaynor, 2nd Vice President; Raymond Anderson, 3rd Vice President; Garfield Sinclair, Treasurer; Loraine Scringer, Executive Officer; Horace Reid, General Secretary
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

them nuh have no press officer?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So its fair to say then that Donovan Ricketts, Omar Daley, and Ian Goodison will not be in the squad for the first game, seeing they arrive 10:20 PM on th enight of the first game.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Good observation for Ricketts, Daley and Goodison. I wonder why they cant make it to Kingston by November 13? The English 2nd division players can make it.

OK, just saw the answer. The English 3rd divsion (where Goodison plays) and the English 4th division (where Riocketts and Daley plays) do not break for international week like the Premiership and 2nd division, so Ricketss, Daley and Goodison play league games on november 17.

I guess they are not playing high level football week in week out.

What does it say to the form of Ricketts if he cannot keep his starting position at Bradford, a team in the English 4th division? Is Ricketts really playing at a higher level that Richard McCallumn (Waterhouse FC) and Duwayne Kerr (Portmore United) in the CPPL?

Comment

Lawd Missa Dweet, you confusing me like hell with the tikles. The leagues are now:
          EPL
          Championship (Formerly Division 1)
          League 1 (Formerly Division 2)
          League 2 (Formerly Division 3)

Championship and Premiership get break, the others do not.

Your questions about Ricketts are spot on. I for one would force him to earn his game. Chances are, the yard based GKs will be better than he is (never liked Ricketts from a long time).

Whatup Pepsi?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

Your questions about Ricketts are spot on. I for one would force him to earn his game. Chances are, the yard based GKs will be better than he is (never liked Ricketts from a long time).
            I see the hate still continues. When Donovan post back to back shut outs next week is run mi ago run yu from de place! The Brick Wall is in town and everybody betta hol' dem cornas. Donovan "No Goals Allowed" Ricketts deyah! - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Donovan "No Goals Allowed" Ricketts deyah!
              Yuh mean Donovan "Buttafingahs" Ricketts.

Hey TK, if we do not have better than Ricketts, then I will sekkle for him. I think though that we must have better keepers in Jamaica than Ricketts. Watching some of those Under-23 and under-20 games, I would be even more comfortable woth those keepers than Ricketts.

You are a coach of the game, you can look at Ricketts and know that his game is far off from being an international level GK.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You know it would good to have the ages of the TEAM members beside their names?

Why?
                Just want to know as I am watching how movement and play of the oldsters compare with that of the youngsters?! Perhaps, I could, then, take on the "bring in the less than the best brigade" once more?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why yuh ask?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Yuh mean Donovan "Buttafingahs" Ricketts.

Hey TK, if we do not have better than Ricketts, then I will sekkle for him. I think though that we must have better keepers in Jamaica than Ricketts. Watching some of those Under-23 and under-20 games, I would be even more comfortable woth those keepers than Ricketts.

You are a coach of the game, you can look at Ricketts and know that his game is far off from being an international level GK.
                    Everybody relax.....Mr. No Goals Allowed deh 'bout.

In all seriousness Tilla I do not believe any of our goalkeepers have ever been of international standards. Not even back in the golden age of 97-98. Right now he is our only goalkeeper playing week in and week out in a professional environment. Yes I know it is not the best level in the world but it is the best level any of our GK's are playing at right now. If we had someone better than Ricketts you would figure he would have made his way overseas already. - T.K.

Comment

A lot of our current players have not received the exposure as a Ricketts because of the downturn in the program, even before the last administration. My choice for goalie is Dwayne Kerr, but I will go with whomever the coaches deem the best. Like I have a choice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Interestingly Bora thinks that the Harbour View goalie is the best of the local lot but just needs to build his confidence and the only way to do this is to throw him into the fire of big games.

The Under 23 game against Haiti was to have been his acid test but he hobbled off after 10 minutes claiming he was injured but people were saying the 18,000 plus crowd spooked him.

'Shrek' Kerr is not fit, he lacks real fitness as since starting GC Foster he has not had time to train as consistently as he should but interestingly he is playing ahead of Sean Sawyers who is fit.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          A lot of our current players have not received the exposure as a Ricketts because of the downturn in the program, even before the last administration. My choice for goalie is Dwayne Kerr, but I will go with whomever the coaches deem the best. Like I have a choice!
                          That's a fair point.

Not saying he is on a level with Bora but probably if Wendell had stayed on we would have unearthed a quality keeper or two to test themselves in Europe. Alot of credit has to go to him for us having as large a player pool as we have today. - T.K.

Comment

Harbour View's goalie is also pretty good but it seems like we are in the "dash whey HV" mode. So...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

just think it is curious and wanted to know if Garth is still there.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X