X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepe wins big award in England

Goodison Scoops North West Football Award

Posted on: Tue 13 Nov 2007
    Tranmere Rovers defender Ian Goodison was named League One Player of Year at the North West Football Awards on Monday night.
    The 34-year old was one of three nominees alongside Paul Warne (Oldham) and Andy Morrell (Blackpool) with voting carried out online by supporters.
    It caps a memorable few months for the Rovers captain, as he was also named Player of the Season by the supporters for 2006-07, and came runner up in the Players' Player of the Season.
    Ian said: "I'm delighted with the award and I'd like to thank everybody who voted and the judges."
    Tranmere also received a commendation for their entry in the Best Non-matchday use of a Football Ground category, for the Play on the Pitch opportunities run at the end of last season.
    Article continues
    Advertisement

The Club ran the promotion for three weeks allowing more than 70 teams from local clubs, businesses and schools the opportunity to play at Prenton Park for 90 minutes and have full use of the dug outs and dressing rooms.
    Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "Some of the biggest football clubs in Europe are in the North West so for Tranmere to be recognised in two of the categories it is particularly pleasing.
    "This was the third season the Club has run the Play on the Pitch promotion, but it was by far the most successful with more teams using the pitch than before."
    For more details on next year's Play on the Pitch, contact Sue Beedles on 0151 609 3305.
    To order an I AM IAN GOODISON t-shirt, visit www.trfcshop.co.uk
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I guess I have nothing more to say.

Pepe is our best Sweeper
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wow! Congrats to Pepe. Respected by fellow pros and fans. if he gets picked to start for Jamaica by Tappa, I bet he will be given the captain's armband.

Comment

Award

Tranmere Rovers defender Ian Goodison was named League One Player of Year at the North West Football Awards on Monday night.
        The 34-year old was one of three nominees alongside Paul Warne (Oldham) and Andy Morrell (Blackpool) with voting carried out online by supporters.
        It caps a memorable few months for the Rovers captain, as he was also named Player of the Season by the supporters for 2006-07, and came runner up in the Players' Player of the Season.
        Ian said: "I'm delighted with the award and I'd like to thank everybody who voted and the judges."
        Tranmere also received a commendation for their entry in the Best Non-matchday use of a Football Ground category, for the Play on the Pitch opportunities run at the end of last season.
        Article continues
        Advertisement

The Club ran the promotion for three weeks allowing more than 70 teams from local clubs, businesses and schools the opportunity to play at Prenton Park for 90 minutes and have full use of the dug outs and dressing rooms.
        Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "Some of the biggest football clubs in Europe are in the North West so for Tranmere to be recognised in two of the categories it is particularly pleasing.
        "This was the third season the Club has run the Play on the Pitch promotion, but it was by far the most successful with more teams using the pitch than before."
        For more details on next year's Play on the Pitch, contact Sue Beedles on 0151 609 3305.

// // Add events to an object in a cross browser compliant fashion. // function crossBrowserAddEvent(object, eventType, method) { if (object.attachEvent) { object.attachEvent("on" + eventType, method); } else if (object.addEventListener) { object.addEventListener(eventType, method, false); } } function onArticleDetailLoad() { if(window.setDetailIdForAjaxRate && window.reloadAjaxRate) { setDetailIdForAjaxRate(1166660); reloadAjaxRate(); } return true; } crossBrowserAddEvent(window,'load', onArticleDetailLoad);
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Over Bibi?
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            I guess I have nothing more to say.

Pepe is our best Sweeper
            Currently .... or ever?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Currently.

Not talking marking back but defense anchor.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Currently.

Not talking marking back but defense anchor.
                It nuh matter what yuh talking, as long as it was currently. By the way, yuh guh prayer meeting today. Or yuh went to the rain dance instead?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  Award

Article continues
                  Advertisement

// // Add events to an object in a cross browser compliant fashion. // function crossBrowserAddEvent(object, eventType, method) { if (object.attachEvent) { object.attachEvent("on" + eventType, method); } else if (object.addEventListener) { object.addEventListener(eventType, method, false); } } function onArticleDetailLoad() { if(window.setDetailIdForAjaxRate && window.reloadAjaxRate) { setDetailIdForAjaxRate(1166660); reloadAjaxRate(); } return true; } crossBrowserAddEvent(window,'load', onArticleDetailLoad);

Congrats to Pepe, like I said b4 he was one of my favorite reaggaeboyz but that was 10 years ago and if we are looking to build for the future then we need to move. I am not like Karl and jawge who hold on to things long past their expiration date.

Comment

Pepe is just a stop gap yah now fi come show them how it play round a back. We defense too jumpy and a leak too much yah now.

Comment

Bad mind Tilla, mek sure yuh archive this
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

dam right,Tilla nuh wah day yah mi an yu catch up bout it?.seet oonu nuh gimme nuh ! ratings bout mi imput dem.oonu gwone!

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                          Congrats to Pepe, like I said b4 he was one of my favorite reaggaeboyz but that was 10 years ago and if we are looking to build for the future then we need to move. I am not like Karl and jawge who hold on to things long past their expiration date.

If we are to build for the future we pick players based on ability. No on past ability or what we hope will be future ability, but ability NOW!
                          Our Reggae Boyz TEAM must have our best available players run onto the pitch EVERYTIME!

It is total unadultarated nonsense to chose youngsters who we hope will one day be worthy of selection!
                          i) It says you do not have to be among our best to make the TEAM REGGAE BOYZ!
                          ii) It says our best can be left out of TEAM REGGAE BOYZ!

Why then strive to be the best?

Not selecting the best is a silly sure policy to continuously putting on the field of play a second rate product! ...a TEAM loaded with players who we hope one day because of seen potential will be good. So every year we throw up talented youngster who we hope one day shall be great! ...so the silly policy would have us every year putting out the 'new one day shall be good' crappy team!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The best defender is a "stop gap"?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who will the youngsters learn from? Who is the leader and how important is it to have a leader?

Why did Simoes get Cargill and have him play in the middle?

Wasn't cargill past his prime? Is the Jamaica team of today better than the 98 reggaeboyz in terms of performance?

respect

Comment

Working...
                              X