• Show
Clear All

• Reno forces 'Tappa' to pay entry fee

Reno forces 'Tappa' to pay entry fee
    published: Tuesday | November 13, 2007

Adrian Frater, News Editor

Whitmore

Western Bureau:

Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, the interim head coach of Jamaica's senior Reggae Boyz, is hopping mad at the management of Reno FC, who reportedly charged him an entry fee to watch Sunday's Cash Plus Premier League fixture between Reno and St. Georges at St. Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) on Sunday.

"When I got to the gate, I was told that I had to pay," said Whitmore, who is currently preparing the national team for upcoming friendly matches against El Salvador and Guatemala. "So, as to avoid the embarrassment, I went into my pocket and paid the entry fee."

Came with other persons

Responding to the claim, Patrick Malcolm, president of Reno FC, said: "He (Whitmore) came in a van with eight persons and we decided to offer him and three of the persons free entry and charge the others," said Malcolm. "Some of those who were asked to pay became boisterous and after much arguing, Mr. Whitmore took it upon himself to pay for everybody. We would never charge 'Tappa'," continued Malcolm. "If anything, we were most embarrassed by the behaviour of those around him and the stance he took."

St. James FA President Orville Powell, the head honcho at Seba United, where Whitmore is head coach, said: "He (Tappa) should not have had to be digging into his pocket at the gate, the situation should have been handled better," said Powell. "'Tappa' did not want to travel to the game alone so I knew a few persons went with him, but definitely not eight persons."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

hmmmm. what do you think really happened?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lord have mercy. The leggo beast behaviour has started

Comment

Leggo Beast...lol

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Lord have mercy. The leggo beast behaviour has started
        heh heh heh...my father used to call di Rasta man dem leggo beast......that is a terrible name to call anyone...but it funny nuh &%#&@&#.....hee hee hee

Comment

Too much people in his party were expecting to get into the venue for free. Dem just too licky licky, and no more than two people (including Tappa) should be given free tickets. Ole nawga behavior rose to the occasion!
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Reno president: Whitmore was not charged to watch...

Reno president: Whitmore was not charged to watch Premier League game
            Paul Reid
            Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SANTA CRUZ, St Elizabeth - President of Reno Football Club, Ransford Malcolm, is denying allegations he charged newly-appointed interim coach of the national team,
            Theodore Whitmore, to attend a Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) Cash Plus Premier League game on Sunday.

In a counter charge, Malcolm described Whitmore's behaviour as unprofessional and said the truth of the incident will come out and he will be exonerated.

Whitmore, the former national representative and Seba United coach, told the Observer yesterday he was forced to pay at the gate at the St Elizabeth Technical High Sports Complex to attend the game as he had hoped to get a first-hand view of Reno midfielder Nicholy Finlayson against St George's United.

Whitmore said he found it strange when he was asked to pay to see the game, but he did anyhow.

Malcolm had a different story, however, telling the Observer he was not at the gate when a SUV with Whitmore and seven other persons, including a female and a baby, arrived.

He was summoned, he said, and after recognising Whitmore in the vehicle, decided to allow the newly-appointed coach free access, along with a female passenger, the baby, plus one of the male passengers. But he would charge a cut rate of $200 each for the other four.

Malcolm said Whitmore then asked for tickets, but he told him that since they had not been charged the full price then he would not hand over the tickets, but would ensure that if any of them needed to leave the complex and return they would be allowed to.

At that point he said Whitmore paid the additional costs, took the tickets then made a report to the Reno general manager, Patrick Campbell, and was overheard saying he would "put (Malcolm) in his place".

Malcolm said the men in the vehicle who tried to pass themselves off as Seba United executive members also behaved "out of order and disrespectfully".

Malcolm said it was an unfortunate set of events, but he is prepared to defend himself against the allegations.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Disappointed. I believe Malcolm's version of the incident.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Disappointed. I believe Malcolm's version of the incident.
                Why?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This shouldn't have happened; I
                  just hope that the next time, the interim TD is coming the proper preparations are made in advance.

Comment

it's Interim TD get it right.

Comment

No it is interim head coach...you need to understand that, his ONLY responsibility is to the senior team for TWO matches.

Until another announcemnet is made leave it at that.
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Well around here it's
                        INTERIM TD.

Comment

Around where? In your mind maybe. A Technical Director has responsibility for the entire programme, no matter how well Tappa has started his coaching stint he is no where near ready to even be the TD at Seba United much less Jamaica.

Slow you roll man, this idol worshiping thing is too much.
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

and a week a go, you would say
                            Tappa is no way near coaching JA for a friendly. Not to worry management and Brasilians believe in the man. I as a fan believe in INTRIM TD Theodore Tappa Whitmore.

Comment

What ever floats your boat but we in the real world know better
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X