X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora to seek legal advice

Bora to seek legal advice

Bora Milutinovic - Andrew Smith

Serbian Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, who was handed his termination letter Wednes-day night as Jamaica's technical director, will be seeking legal advice on the actions of the new Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) administration led by Captain Horace Burrell.

StarSports understands that Bora, who is one year into his reported US$4m per annum contract, will be consulting his lawyer on the manner of his firing.

A JFF release stated Bora was fired for 'breach of contract' but it did not state any details of what led to the much-travelled coach's sacking.
    Burrell would not budge when quizzed about the circumstances under which the Serb was axed.
    "I am not prepared to divulge that," he said.

"The board of directors met and had his contract examined by a Queen's Counsel of a leading law firm. We were advised and are pretty satisfied we have taken the right course and Mr Bora was advised in a letter," said the new JFF boss.

"Since taking office, I've had three meetings with Mr Bora and at 11 p.m., last (Wednesday) night, his letter of termination was handed to him," said the former army man now turned football supremo.

Bora is reportedly owed US$338,000 or $23.9m, but Burrell would not give when asked about the former coach's compensation package.

The JFF release said Bora would have been paid "within a reasonable period of time, from the date of the notice, the amount due to the technical director in accordance with the nature of his termination".

"As a professional, I am not prepared to say anything further or to divulge the contents of the letter," Burrell insisted.

"That's up to him (Bora). As a senior football administrator, that's not the done thing to do. What I am happy to say is that his services were terminated due to a breach of contract."

Simoes again
    The Brazilian, Rene Simoes, who joined forces with Burrell in 1994 to historically qualify Jamaica for the 1998 World Cup, along with Jamaican-born and former England international, John Barnes, are the names making the rounds as Milutinovic's successor.

However, Burrell, who was on his way out of the island, said this would be addressed in the next few weeks.

"I have been invited by the commissioner of the city of Lauderhill in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to take part in the opening of a football complex. I will be back in Jamaica on Saturday for another press conference regarding upcoming games," he said.

An interim coach is also expected to be named at tomorrow's press conference for the two friendlies on November 18 and 21.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Bora to seek legal advice

However, Burrell, who was on his way out of the island, said this would be addressed in the next few weeks.

"I have been invited by the commissioner of the city of Lauderhill in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to take part in the opening of a football complex. I will be back in Jamaica on Saturday for another press conference regarding upcoming games," he said.

An interim coach is also expected to be named at tomorrow's press conference for the two friendlies on November 18 and 21.
    I spoke with the Captain about 10.30am eastern on a meeting we should have had this afternoon...but, he informed me that his travel arrangements where shot as Air Jamaica cancelled first one flight...then another...and, when the switch to American Airlines was attempted they were already booked out!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If Bora wins, any payments due to him should not be paid by either the JFF or the government of the country. Burrell should be held personally responsible for every dime.

I don't think the Technical committee nor the executive committee had anything to do with Bora's firing.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        If Bora wins, any payments due to him should not be paid by either the JFF or the government of the country. Burrell should be held personally responsible for every dime.

I don't think the Technical committee nor the executive committee had anything to do with Bora's firing.
        Sometimes when you win civil suits you lose. If there is no money in the JFF coffers...then...

...then again it depends on what monetary judgement you are granted. I have heard of some persons winning the civil suit and being granted $1.00...

Comment

"As a professional, I am not prepared to say anything further or to divulge the contents of the letter," Burrell insisted.

"That's up to him (Bora). As a senior football administrator, that's not the done thing to do."
          ah love it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh neva 'ear say it was unanimous? Is wha duh Sickko?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bora, who is one year into his reported US$4m per annum contract

Comment

Madness!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is just poor reporting...no excuse at all, who checks these things?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

easy yuhself and calm down. You just cant wait for something to go wrong heh man. Work with the program boss.
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Maybe they are right. Remember is Boxhill did set it up.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think the mix up came when thinking about the total worth of the contract and the annual payments...
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Maybe they are right. Remember is Boxhill did set it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X