Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Bora' booted by JFF

'Bora' booted by JFF

Ousted national technical director 'Bora' Milutinovic in a contemplative mood at yesterday's thanksgiving service for former national Under-17 football coach David Hunt. - Norman Grindley /Deputy Chief Photographer

IT'S OFFICIAL. 'Bora' is gone. It took Captain Horace Burrell a little over 72 hours to dismiss the Serb, Bora Milutinovic, from his post as technical director of Jamaica's football programme.

Even though the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) release, citing Bora's dismissal, was dispensed to the press late yesterday afternoon, Burrell told The Gleaner the much-travelled coach received his termination letter a little after 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...210&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Bora's sacking verified

Bora's sacking verified
    JFF cites breach of contract in TD's dismissal
    Friday, November 09, 2007

THE Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) yesterday announced the termination of the services of technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic with immediate effect for "breach of contract".

Bora, who was employed by the last administration led by Crenston Boxhill at a salary of approximately US$1 million per year, was said to have been informed of the new JFF's decision at about 11:15 pm on Wednesday.

"I met with Mr Bora twice since Sunday after looking at his contract and there is no doubt that we have not been fully satisfied with the progress made by the Reggae Boyz, and generally speaking, the performance of our football teams," Captain Horace Burrell, president of the JFF, told the Observer yesterday.

He added: "And having been guided by a Queen's Counsel in a leading law firm here in Jamaica, we are satisfied that the right decision has been taken and we are on solid ground."

The JFF boss refused to explain the breaches under which Bora was dismissed. He said: "I am not prepared to outline the details, as Mr Bora is a professional and being a senior football administrator and a professional myself, I think it would be inappropriate to divulge the reasons."

However, he suggested that Bora was disappointed with the decision.
    "Naturally, I figured he was disappointed, but Mr Bora is a professional and I believe that these matters should be dealt with in a particular way, which is the way we dealt with it.

"Respectfully, I handed it (termination letter) to him and we shook hands after."

Captain Burrell revealed that within 48 hours an announcement would be made regarding the "coaching situation".

A press conference is slated for tomorrow morning at 10:30, when Captain Burrell returns from an overseas trip to Fort Lauderdale.

But he did say that all the overseas-based players were issued invitations to the two friendly games scheduled for the National Stadium on Sunday, November 18, and Wednesday, November 21.

And who selected the players? Captain Burrell promised to answer that question at tomorrow's press conference.

According to a release from the JFF yesterday, "the Federation has arranged to pay within what it believes to be a reasonable period of time from the date of the notice, the amount due to the technical director in accordance with the nature of his termination".
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Burrell the saviour

It seems like Burrell is loaded with money. If Bora breach his contract then J.f.f might only owed small change out of Burrell big pocket. I still believe Bora is better coach than Simones but jamaicans are noted for going back to the same people year in year out regardless of their past record. Politics is and example and so is J.f.f . I hope Burrell learn from their past mistakes and I hope the national players form a players association. I Hope all of our national players are pay equally and I hope no indiscipline bull crop is carried on. We need a pratices matches with mexico,canada,usa,venezuela ,TT,Ghana at the office.

Some of players for our squad are:
      Fuller,stephenson,claude davis,marlon King,Luton Shelton,Fabian Taylor,marshall,stewart,Fabian Dawkins,boys town utility player on contract ,Sean Fraser, campbell ryce, Gardner,Ricketts,

Comment

Milutinovic sacked by Jamaica

Milutinovic sacked by Jamaica
        (AFP) Friday 9 November 2007

World renowned coach Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic had his job with the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) terminated on Thursday.

Milutinovic, who took up the job as Jamaica's football technical director last November, breached his contract, the JFF said.

"The Jamaica Football Federation on Wednesday presented the Technical Director, Mr. Bora Milutinovic with a notice of termination of his services for breach of contract," the JFF said on Thursday. The JFF did not go into detail about what type of contract breach occurred.

Milutinovic whose only success in Jamaica came in February when he led the country to the Lunar Cup title in Hong Kong, but afterwards the Reggae Boyz plunged to a record low of 103 in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

Comment

Working...
        X