Easy, Burrell, easy-Observer West Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah
    Are we saying that because Simoes didn't like it he is right? I have a brain for myself, thank you very much.
    Not because he said it, but anybody wid common sense can see it. I recall Charlie Smith had an awesome team, with Pele .. no blaphemous Kevin Wilson , Chin Sue, Richardson to name a few, how many of them went on to be international stars?

School boy football is meaningless. I recall Boxhill naming a bunch of youth coaches, I was of the impression that was what he was going to do, but now, I realize ... it was Boxhill.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wha duh yuh? God just spoke!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and we wonder why we
        are short on quality education. Misplaced priorities (our mantra) I say.

Comment

For example my family was very connected to Violet Kickers, even my mother was a fan, where is Violet Kickers now?

Take it further, where is a great club like Millionarios now, what do their fans do?

But I bet you none of who are bashing High school football had an opinion until this breddah come chat off him mouth, simply because he was not flexible enough to embrace it and see how best he could deal with it.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            I recall Charlie Smith had an awesome team, with Pele .. no blaphemous Kevin Wilson , Chin Sue, Richardson to name a few, how many of them went on to be international stars?
            That happens with every sport. No guarantee that they will take it to the next level. And on the other hand, those who didn't spark at the schoolboy level, sparked later.

I don't think schoolboy football is the problem. The overall football is the problem. It is not strong, our leagues are not strong, our coaches and infrastructure are not strong. Our fans and tradition are not strong.

I will not throw out the baby with the bath water here. (?)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Many a clubs fade; see documentaries
              on Arg., England and Mexico to name a few (FSC).

Comment

So track and field failed the likes of Daniel England and a slew of other athletes who were stars at the junior level but failed to make it to the next level right?

It is interesting that you mentioned Kevin Wilson who has had the benefit of playing in overseas leagues and has failed to make full use of his chances..but this is to be blamed on schoolboy football?

SIGH????
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  And you cant expand your mind to se how we can harness this to enhance the game on a holistoic way instead of tearing it down?

Indiana for example embrace their High school basketball tradition which is second to none in the entire USA and even bigger than the Pacers yes.

But we must destroy all of our traditions?

There are talks to change the format of DCup, maybe as soon as next season where they will create a super league where you have the best teams playing against ecah other form the get go not just at the Inter-zone or quarterfinal stages and also to get the top eight teams in DCup playing the top eight in manning Cup.

These people are not lokking to destroy what has taken us here but to enhance it.
                  Tradition? Are you serious Sickko? Both of us are farmers, because of tradition you use fork and hoe, I use a tractor, who is going to be able to achieve more?

Because of useless traditions, we're still creating excitment about Cornwall vs Monro while countries that are more serious about the game use a better route to get their youngsters ready. Yet we wonder why we cannot beat these teams. Laughable. At least we can blame the ref fi bad calls.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

But high schools will always be there, more that clubs anyways and so people (you being the exception) stay loyal to their high schools or in the case of the US, Colleges.

Why is it that the University of Michigan can attract 100,000 fans to their home games every week?
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Answer the real point of the post and stop your foolishness...it is not a matter of keeping it in its present state but enhancing it so it can benefit us in the long run.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

For example my family was very connected to Violet Kickers, even my mother was a fan, where is Violet Kickers now?

Take it further, where is a great club like Millionarios now, what do their fans do?

But I bet you none of who are bashing High school football had an opinion until this breddah come chat off him mouth, simply because he was not flexible enough to embrace it and see how best he could deal with it.
                        That is a position I've always held. Check the schoolboy forum and tell me how many times I've posted there? I will admit that I wasn't aware that Simoes had made such a statement.

Comment

How can you disagree with facts??? If Rene said this then how can you come here and said he did not say so, or are you being like some people here trying to rewrite history, what done cant be undone boss. simple
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Can you then enlighten me and the rest of us as to how these teams were chosen and who were the coaches that had them in the early parts of the campaign?

Thanks in advance.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Answer the real point of the post and stop your foolishness...it is not a matter of keeping it in its present state but enhancing it so it can benefit us in the long run.

Benefit us where? If the likes of a Byron Earle had been in a professional setup from his young days instead of wasting time playing meaningless schoolboy football, maybe he would have been able to have a greater impact on the international scene. But gwaan stick to 'traditions!"

Laughable.

Comment

Lazie is di fuss mi see yuh
                                ah mek some kinda sense roun yah. Boss whatever you drank this morning keep on drinking it.

Comment

Working...
                                X