Easy, Burrell, easy-Observer West Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    You can call those names but were they the only ones who were taken into the professional ranks by these same scouts? Are you saying the scouts who took these players in have a 100% record for picking out talents?

I recall a few years ago an article in Sports Illustrated on this basketball player Lloyd Daniels who got involved in drugs and gangs when he was young and derailed his career...as a high school player he was rated higher than Magic Johnson.

The article pointed out that for every Michael Jordon, Magic or Larry Bird there were maybe three others maybe on their teams at one time that were maybe as good or better.

Law of attrition Lazie--never forget that.
    You got the impression I was implying that all these players would make it in the big leagues? Or are you intentionally trying to twist my words?

D Cup and Manning Cup is useless Sickko the sooner people realize that the better. We need to go the route of a serious youth development system. Of course, you're going to stick to "traditions." On the other hand, I'm looking at where it has gotten us.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Look like you stuck with the word "tradition"...gwaan hold unto that and ignore the rest of the posts and see where that leads you.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        Look like you stuck with the word "tradition"...gwaan hold unto that and ignore the rest of the posts and see where that leads you.
        Wait, you were the one that made it clear that it was "tradition" that we should not destroy. Really amusing.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Schoolboy football is a good tradition. Yes, mi nuh fraid fi say so. And it also is a good foundation. Fix it, don't discard it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo yuh fi do betta than
            dat; Look at the picture objectively. If we were population of 10 million, I too would be singing your song. Boss we are 2.6 million. The times are changing, we need a highly educated workforce. The most we will get as quality players on the INT'L level is six (and I am being liberal). What are we going run most of our teenage boys through a sport programme to find
            four or five players? Ja without a doubt have to tap into families abroad to help here. Many players who we thought were good, are been shown up as average players. Our economy cannot afford this. It's time we put our pride aside and make the right decision. School is a place of learning academics, we can ill afford to turn all our high school in sports learning centres.

Comment

speaking of a changing world obviously you have not come to the realisation that learning in its holistic form is not done just from reading books alone or listening to teachers.

Most Universities have learnt this and embraced it.

Sports and other recreational forms teach the value of leadership and team work among other things.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

and obviously you seem to
                fail to see that there is a degree to which one indulges in these sports and recreations.

Comment

I get a feeling that Sikko would love to see our football descend more into the pits of "ruxiness", just to have the luxury of saying, "I told you so".

Comment

lol... no point in continuing with this sickko... because it appears only you have a memory to trust and only you are being subjective... i will leave this kind of reasoning for you and others to engage in... you have totally gone off track...

i will leave this with you... whenever a person attributes a statement to an individual, it is imperitive that they place the attributing statement within the context of the overall subject matter to which the person made the statement... short of the context, they are apt to give the wrong impression and intent of what was originally said... intent being the operative...

nuh more pon dis from me... yuh respect still colossal...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Thank God I dont think the way you do..big man you really need to lift your standards of reasoning ans stop the pettiness you have gone on with this week, trust me.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X