Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha jwage you are in fine form..

Comment

quality education? so Simoes was here to expand our educational system as well? Not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

sickko he is right. Which other country develop players via school boy football. Now maybe he should have realise that school boy football is in fact our club system but its not good enough.

Comment

Did Simoes suggest enhancing the product? Den why yuh go dehso?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sickko my question is so what if he said so. I would say the same. School boy football is the biggest fools gold in jamaica. It is infact a selected club system that we put most of our eggs into. Why not develop a proper youth structure. This does not mean getting rid of it but understanding that you cant ask for players to develop with PE teachers and self learned coaches.

Comment

Okay this is the logic I use:
              94 Brasilians came to JA we qualified for senior and youth levels of WC,
              by 99 the Prof was the last of the team of coaches to leave (nothing happened since). Please don't speak of the last minute insertion of Laza.

Okay I see that my logic is flawed and wrong. Tell me why the local coaches weren't able to repeat what they did with the youth teams. Thanks

Comment

But we are talking like we don't have club football. We have several age-group competitions in Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How can you project that any teenager will be a star at the next level, Lazie? Or are you trying too hard to prove a point? I can name hundreds of phenoms in almost every sport right here in Jamaica who never made it to the next level and you say with authority that Byron Earle would have been a star if he had been given the chance in a profesional set up.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

and it was the same Brazillians who failed in 2001-02 as well and you seem to forget that Rene took a full team to Europe after 1998 and got some big beatings one 7-1 if I can recall, so what is your point?
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

No vision. I dont think simoes is perfect nor is he a good tactitian but he is a great motivator and he understand us. Bora mistake is he wore the hat as coach and said ok federation find me players and games. Simoes understood I will use the federation to support me , I will find the players and this is my blueprint. We had the same problem in Canada wit Olger Osierk, good tactician but did not understand that this is not germany or Europe where the clubs produces players and you just manage you have to deveoped a process and some are just not able to do it or dont understand that they should do it or more so that the people who hired them are really neotypes and just needed to be asked where to get a good cup of coffee or what beach the pretty girls go to..

Comment

Yuh really want to go there, Jawge?

Which local coach was able to take any team to Brazil for 3 weeks?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Interesting!

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Easy, Burrell, easy

Burrell’s haste in getting rid of Technical Director Bora Milutinovic and replacing him with Rene Simoes within two days of returning to office is some cause for alarm and hopefully it is not a sign of things to come.

Sporting Edge still believes Bora is the best coach for Jamaica right now and the least the new Burrell administration could have done is seek to work out a deal with him, maybe reducing his hefty salary.
                          Why alarm at the removal of a coach and his replacement? I do not think a case has been made for 'the alarm'.

Yet...seeking to reduce the strain on the JFF of Bora's 'hefty salary' makes sense! ...and, I would expect that in whatever move Burrell makes on this 'coaching issue' reducing that strain the heafty salary brings is a part.

If the JFF’s coffers is as bare as we were told on Tuesday, how come there will be two friendly internationals in the next two weeks? Where will this money come from to host two countries? I hope the new JFF is not digging itself into a deeper financial hole in its rush to return international football to the country.
                          Where, indeed?
                          ...but, we hope there are underwriters of these matches.

There is also the other question of if we serious about attempting to qualify for the South Africa 2010 World Cup, can we afford to not have these and other matches?

There is also a lot of celebration with the expected return of Simoes to Jamaica and former FIFA referee Peter Prendergast was heard on one radio sports talk show welcoming back “the little magician from Brazil”. I guess like many others, Peter’s memory is very short, or he chose to ignore the failures under Simoes.

Maybe the qualification to France overshadowed everything, for we seem to have forgotten that Simoes basically walked away from the job after a series of failures, while advising the JFF and the government how best to spend money instead of investing in foreign coaches.

He then went to Trinidad and Iran with very little, if any, success before turning up with the Brazil female Olympic team, then a second division club team. Hardly worthy of the résumé of a coach that took a minnow to the World Cup and won a game.
                          Good chat!

[quote]

Sadly, not a whole lot has changed in the infrastructure of the club system since Rene was last here and he will be faced with the same obstacles as back then. We had heard in 1994 when he arrived that he would be putting in place a blueprint for sustained growth and development.

We were still waiting for that blueprint when he left.
                          With the qualification for the 2010 World Cup set to start in June, it is hardly likely that there will be time for any holistic overhaul of the Jamaican local football product. [quote]

Good chat!

Simoes?
                          I don't have faith in his or any other coach being able to get us to South Africa 2010!

Too much time has already been wasted. Too little time to make excellent TEAM. ...and, to get out of CONCACAF we shall need excellent TEAM!

Rene's Blueprint - Oh the 'back and forth' I have had with Jawge and others about the lack of that...and, Rene not having done anything to build our football from the bottom up - i.e. all-island little ones to senior team? ~ sigh! ~
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Here the problem OJ, we dont have a club system in the parishes that can help the youths for various reasons including money. I was talking to Diggy Henry a few days ago and asked how come the Hanover FA has not been able to use Rusea's success as a spring board.

The answer was simply that Ruseas was the only organised football programme in the entire parish.

There are no qualified coaches or sytems in the clubs. Ruseas' is the only programme that can guarantee nutrition, properly structured training and even gear for crying out loud.

And this is not unique to hanover, name me one FA that could absorb that many youths and equip them for a full season inlcuding KSAFA???
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                              Here the problem OJ, we dont have a club system in the parishes that can help the youths for various reasons including money. I was talking to Diggy Henry a few days ago and asked how come the Hanover FA has not been able to use Rusea's success as a spring board.

The answer was simply that Ruseas was the only organised football programme in the entire parish.

There are no qualified coaches or sytems in the clubs. Ruseas' is the only programme that can guarantee nutrition, properly structured training and even gear for crying out loud.

And this is not unique to hanover, name me one FA that could absorb that many youths and equip them for a full season inlcuding KSAFA???
                              So instead of taking steps to address that, we'll keep trying with the "traditional" system?" This just cannot be real.
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

And what steps can we take to address that? I think those steps are few.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X