Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Horace Burrell back at the controls at the JFF

Monday, November 05, 2007

Karl: Captain Horace Burrell back at the controls at the JFF.

Captain Horace Burrell was returned unopposed as president of the Jamaica Football Federation after an absence of five years. It was a five year period that was marked by the then leaders spending valuable time screaming of hands being tied and being unable to accomplish what the football fraternity had been eagerly anticipating.

Stakeholders were not just held hostage to their own expectations anchored on hope with only a “gut feeling”. All stakeholders had expectations anchored on The Crenston Boxhill Manifesto – The New Game Plan. That manifesto said some unkind things about the Horace Burrell led 1994-2003 administration.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/views.aspx?id=225
    Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2007, 12:50 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Still waiting for your answer re the qualifications of Howard McIntosh and what make shim the best man to take that job...or are you satisfied with his appointment based on the fact that he was named by Burrell and that is good enough for you?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Still waiting for your answer re the qualifications of Howard McIntosh and what make shim the best man to take that job...or are you satisfied with his appointment based on the fact that he was named by Burrell and that is good enough for you?
      I have always smiled when I hear persons speaking of best man or woman qualified to do a particular job. The questions that immediately spring to mind starts with the questioning 'says who'?

An individual or individuals charged to select 'best suited' would naturally have differing positions on what 'best suited' means to each. The idea of best suited also evokes the thought that there is a such a person - a one supreme best suited.

Well one of my ways of approaching tasks is from a perspective of "there are many ways to get to the other side of the table". Some naturally will better lend themselves to beign used depending on the circumstance and environment.

So what is our JFF's current circumstance and environment? How many persons would be willing to work with and or for Captain Burrell and our football on the task Howard McIntosh is being asked to perform? How many of those available would work unceasingly at the task...under and during the specific circumstance and environment that shall obtain?

I would bet my bottom dollar that for each and every job there are a number of individuals who have the ability to do tremendous excellent work.

Is Howard McIntosh an individual with ability to do tremendous excellent work on the task Burrell has asked him to do? ...hey, what do you think?
      one thing we know the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!

Oooh? I have not one reason to think Howard McIntosh cannot do an excellent job at what The Captain has asked him to do!
      FORWARD!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        I have not one reason to think Howard McIntosh cannot do an excellent job at what The Captain has asked him to do!
        FORWARD!
        You asked for it, Sickko.

Karl, it's clear you have not given us "one reason to think Howard McIntosh CAN do an excellent job at what The Captain has asked him to do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          You asked for it, Sickko.

Karl, it's clear you have not given us "one reason to think Howard McIntosh CAN do an excellent job at what The Captain has asked him to do!
          It is only fair to expect as Sickko is the one who questioned the appointment...

Why not...since you are apparently supporting Sickko's veiled attempt to say condemn the appointment...give your reasons why McIntosh is not suited for the job/not the man for the job and we must expect failure?

Comment

You are a very dangerous person...people lie you are easily manipulated and used to further other people's agendas, despite your attempts at trying to sound sensible.

I ask you again...what in the previous tenure at this position makes you think Howard McIntosh is the only person capable of doing a decent job...how did he stand out in the previous time to make him suitably qualified to get it again?

If you cant answer please so....
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes I did ask for it...the simple thing here is that Karl cannot pick out Howie Mac from a forest of trees, neither can he point to even one achievement in the previous stint to say this was a success, but he does not want top admit it but he prefers to go on with his antics and must support everything that Burrell touches...seems Lazie was right about him, he is the ultimate Kultist
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Stop talk #$it! Karl. I am making no attempt, veiled or otherwise in support of anything.

I simply asked Sickko if he knew the gentleman (assumption there) and am wondering how you feel he is a perfect fit for that job. Nothing more. Please do not put words in my posts that are not there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  You are a very dangerous person...people lie you are easily manipulated and used to further other people's agendas, despite your attempts at trying to sound sensible.

I ask you again...what in the previous tenure at this position makes you think Howard McIntosh is the only person capable of doing a decent job...how did he stand out in the previous time to make him suitably qualified to get it again?

If you cant answer please so....
                  See my request to Mosiah?
                  You are questioning the appointment. You must put forward reasons for 'your questioning'?
                  Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

McLean's late withdrawal clears way for Burrell's team

McLean's late withdrawal clears way for Burrell's team

By Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

New JFF team: (From left) First vice-president Dale Spencer; president, Captain Horace Burrell; second vice-president Bruce Gaynor; executive officer Lorraine Scringer, treasurer; Gary Sinclair and third vice-president Raymond Anderson. - contributed

The only election which was supposed to take place at yesterday's voting congress of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) in Negril, Westmoreland, failed to materialise as Linnel McLean backed down from his challenge for the post of first vice-president.

McLean, a veteran football administrator of over 25 years and a second vice-president of the previous administration under the leadership of Crenston Boxhill, and who also served in Captain Burrell's previous administration, pulled out just before the elections were to begin.
                    McLean's withdrawal cleared the way for president of the Manchester Football Association, Dale Spencer, to be elected unopposed.

Spencer joined Burrell, Bruce Gaynor of St. James, Raymond Anderson of St. Mary, and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Garfield[/COLOR][/COLOR] Sinclair of St. Catherine, who will take up the position of treasurer, and Hanover's Lorraine Scringer who will occupy the position of executive officer. Horace Reid was later returned as general secretary.

Losing position
                    McLean explained his rationale for his last-minute withdrawal.
                    "In the first instance, I was placed in a losing position based on those who nominated me and those who nominated Mr Spencer. At that time I felt that I would have had that support even though I did not receive nominations from everyone in the West and there were others who had not nominated anyone at all," said McLean. "With that kind of support it would have been a keen contest between myself and Mr. Spencer.

"Suffice it to say, that as time went on I discovered that some people were not being as straight with whether they would support me or not.
                    "At the same time I nominated Captain Horace Burrell to show two things: one was that the football needed to be unified at this time and, two, that I was not necessarily satisfied with the previous administration."

McLean said as the election time came closer he realised he didn't have the support and decided to "step back rather than continue with the process".

But while McLean may be out of the mainstream body of football leadership, he remains a football man as president of the Trelawny Football Association and a member of the JFF's executive. He could even work with the current body in another capacity at a later date.

"Yes, but I cannot speak on anything at this point in time, but the president has indicated to me that he would like me to work with him in this situation," McLean said in response to the question of an olive branch being extended by the new body.

CHANGES
                    After thanking the football family for re-electing him, Burrell made it clear that there will be a lot of changes. As is the norm in other federations, each vice-president will have specific responsibilities.

First vice-president Spencer will have the responsibility of dealing with administration and marketing within the JFF; second vice-president Gaynor will cover matters relating to coaching, the referees and the youth programme, while Anderson will have direct responsibility over operations and competitions. Scringer will handle all responsibilities relating to women's football with support from Elaine Walker-Brown.

Among the major areas that Burrell's administration will be focusing on will be coaching development, which will involve the setting up of a coaching school which will implement a very serious programme in the training and certification of all coaches. Dr. Winston Dawes, Burrell said, subject to board approval, would head a sub-committee to oversee this coaching school either at G.C. Foster College or at UTech.

Refereeing with an aggressive recruitment and training programme will be implemented as well as administrative reforms nationally and at the club level. Development of proper facilities will also get major attention as well as making the most of the National Premier League.

A proper youth development programme, serious attention to the women's programme and World Cup 2010 and beyond also fell under Burrell's new plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      second vice-president (Bruce) Gaynor will cover matters relating to coaching, the referees and the youth programme,...
                      Sickko, at the risk of Karl tracing us, what do you know about Gaynor? He is from St. James, no?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bruce is a hard working football servant and worthy of any position, we dont always agree but we respect each other sufficiently to have a good relationship.

The question mark in the executive committee is Lorraine Scringer of Hanover- 11 years of negative growth and wrecking football in Hanover and she is rewarded with being the first ever female on the JFF executive.

Elaine Walker-Brown, Dawn heron and other sensible females who have served football must be wondering why they were not asked to serve.

I know Spanner had all but sewn up the nomination for Executive Officer but was asked to step aside for Lorraine.

And before Karl start his defence of yet another puzzling Burrell appointment, I want him to enumerate even ONE positive by Scringer in 11 years in office in Hanover.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Ruseas

Thank me later, Karl.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nope, there is no relation between Rusea's and the HFA, Diggy Henry and I had this very same conversation last week...try one more thing
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

ahm...ahm...eem....

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X