X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell outlines ambitious plans

Burrell outlines ambitious plans
    New JFF president says 'fundamental changes' will have to be made

Outgoing president Crenston Boxhill (left), new president, Captain Horace Burrell (second left), KSAFA executive, Dawn Heron (centre), outgoing gene-ral secretary, Burchell Gibson (second right) and outgoing treasurer, Rudolph Speed, are involved in a discussion at the Jamaica Football Federation's Special Voting Congress at Beaches Negril, yesterday. - Photo by adrian frater

Western Bureau:

Newly re-installed Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) boss, Captain Horace Burrell, has hit the ground running, announcing a raft of plans which he hopes to implement in an ambitious bid to overhaul the beleaguered federation in the shortest time possible.

Speaking at yesterday's JFF Special Voting Congress in Negril, where he took up office after being nominated unopposed to replace Crenston Boxhill as president, Captain Burrell bemoaned the current state of national football, which he described as poor, but said he and his new administration committed to putting things right.

'Our football is in a bad shape as the current structure cannot meet the current challenges,' said Captain Burrell. 'We have to make some fundamental changes possibly change everything, but we must make our football viable and respected again.'

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...208&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

At least the Captain is wiser than you gave him credit. He had better had plans this early!

Now if only we could get Derrick Smith to come up with some, or at least communicate them to us!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      At least the Captain is wiser than you gave him credit. He had better had plans this early!

Now if only we could get Derrick Smith to come up with some, or at least communicate them to us!
      I am glad he never laid out any plan and or gave voice to any policy on how he would address the matter of moving the football onwards to successes. Rather he did as any person in his position would do - list some of the things he would attempt to address quickly... to avert any further crises and prevent deepening of inherited crises.

Policy initiatives and co-ordinated actions providing an all-encompasing control and guidance of and for the football industry shall come. Eagerly await some word.
      Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2007, 01:57 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Baryshnikov have nutten on you!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Baryshnikov have nutten on you!
          Well outline the plans that will make these reality?

1. 'We have to make some fundamental changes possibly change everything...'

2. A coaching development programme, to include the development of a coaching school

3. A programme to develop referees with an emphasis on the international stage

4. Administrative reforms to include greater emphasis on financial accountability and private sector involvement

5. The improvement of playing facilities, with a plan to have a 10,000 seat stadium in each parish

6. Improving the technical and commercial viability of the National Premier League

6. A special youth development programme

7. The development of the football academy to ensure the sound technical preparation of the nation's footballers

8. A focus on World Cup 2010 and beyond.
          Forget about all the things named - You can chose any one and put up the plan on even one of the above...as I am dying to see same?

btw - This may be a problem -
          ..."the JFF must re-establish itself as viable organisation that is compatible to modern business trends in the global marketplace".
          I hope The Captain mis-spoke or was mis-quoted here as the JFF had never established itself as a viable organisation compatible to modern business trends in the gobbal marketplace". I am hoping he meant that it is his intention to create that viable organisation...
          Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2007, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I think "a 10,000-seat stadium in each parish" sounds a bit ambitious.

What good does a 10,000-seat stadium do if the field is worn down to bare dirt or mud?

I would start A 4,000-seat stadium with a first-class artificial playing surface in each parish is more realistic.

However, these stadiums should be designed so the number of seats can be added later.

Comment

Agreed! About time we realise that we can't continue with these surfaces.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl, I don't know the details.

Further, I am not the only one who would think that Burrell had gone start raving mad had he come and presented, at this congress, the details of his plans.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X