when I read about the Bora Contrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when I read about the Bora Contrak

It further confirm how dunce the Jamaican leadership really is.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

You do realise there were two lawyers on the previous JFF Board, Stewart Stephenson and Heron Dale?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

i am not privy to the contractual details... lawyers make bad decisions too..
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

there you go...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          You do realise there were two lawyers on the previous JFF Board, Stewart Stephenson and Heron Dale?

If they were consulted and or where privy to the details and or actually created this contract...then...what are we to make of their abilities?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sickko, u saying it's ok for lawyers to make routine mistakes that cost their entity millions of dollars. Furthermore, were these lawyers privy to the specifics of Bora's contract? Meaning, did braindead Boxhill sought their advice when writing Bora's contract or Boxhill just ask Burchell fi type up suppen and mek Bora sign it.
            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
            Mitty

Comment

Come on guys I am sure you all know that this type of thing is not unsual to be written into a contract. This could have been a situation where we couldn't get Bora unless this was written in. He could have had that clasue in all his previous contracts and so it's part of his bargining power.

Don't blame Bora, it's not how much you are worth it's how much you can negotiate.

I would have it no different if I could get that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                Come on guys I am sure you all know that this type of thing is not unsual to be written into a contract. This could have been a situation where we couldn't get Bora unless this was written in. He could have had that clasue in all his previous contracts and so it's part of his bargining power.

Don't blame Bora, it's not how much you are worth it's how much you can negotiate.

I would have it no different if I could get that too.
                What is not unusual to be written in a contract?
                Last edited by Karl; November 5, 2007, 12:00 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

NO SIR!!! I never said any such thing, please dont ever project anything that i never said or even implied.

I am not privy and wont be like others here who will try to 'guesstimate' what might or might not have happened, all I am saying is that two very prominent attorneys were on the JFF board and I am sure they saw the contract before it was signed...I never agreed with or condemned anything
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    What do they specialize in? I am quite sure it's not sport's law.

Comment

Burrell has a sports lawyer on his team now?

Yay!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Burrell has a sports lawyer on his team now?

Yay!
                        How Burrell come into this?

Comment

Erm...I could be wrong, but I think he is now the JFF president who is about to look over Bora's contract. Since Boxhill screwed it up by not having a sports lawyer check Bora's contract, I would hope that Burrell is not about to make the same mistake.

Capiche?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Erm...I could be wrong, but I think he is now the JFF president who is about to look over Bora's contract. Since Boxhill screwed it up by not having a sports lawyer check Bora's contract, I would hope that Burrell is not about to make the same mistake.

Capiche?
                            What mistake? The contract is already in place. But my question was where did you get from my post that Burrell has or doesn't have a sport's lawyer?

Comment

You do mean contract law right? A contract is a contract whether in sports or business or even marriage...
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X