• Show
Clear All

• Mass JFF resignations

Mass JFF resignations
    as Burrell takes charge of local body

By Howard Walker Observer writer
    walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, November 04, 2007

Several members of staff at the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) have resigned over the past three weeks in anticipation of the return of Captain Horace Burrell as president today, reliable sources told the Sunday Observer.

GIBSON... ready to hand over during course of week
    Captain Burrell is expected to assume the top post after today's JFF Voting Congress at Sandals Negril in Westmoreland, starting at 10:00 am, where he is nominated unopposed as president after Crenston Boxhill declined to seek re-election.

According to sources at the JFF, Captain Burrell has ordered that they vacate the premises by Friday. It is also said an anonymous telephone call came in on Friday saying everybody, from the office attendant to the president, must leave the office by Monday.
    But Burrell dismissed that claim, stating he has no intention of repeating what transpired in 2003 when he lost the election to Boxhill and was locked out of the premises.

Said Burrell: "I am not aware of that. I have been away from the JFF for the last four years and I don't know what is happening there. I have not received any official word on anything happening there. I will have to be briefed tomorrow (today) before I can comment."

He added: "No chains or pad-locks will be put on the doors and it is the house of football for all of us and although we were locked out (2003) with security personnel placed at the door, there will be no such thing this time. Every single one will be welcome."

JFF general secretary Burchell Gibson confirmed to the Sunday Observer that there are several resignations, but refused to divulge any information as to who the persons are. However, he conceded that "he was ready to hand over professionally during the course of the week".

"Only the league director is left in the competitions department; all the other officers resigned," Gibson revealed.

The competitions co-ordinator Latoya DaCosta; accounts payable clerk Stacy-Ann Giscombe; referee match commissary liaison officer Christine Nugent and administrative assistant Sherene Samuels have all tendered their resignations. Only league director Franz Walker is left in the competitions department.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The JFF must have run a very small operation. Four persons listed as having resigned and "mass resignations"?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No padlocks on JFF offices, says Burrell

BY PAUL A REID Observer writer
      reidp@jamaicaobserver.com

NEGRIL, Westmoreland - Incoming president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell, said no member of the football family will be barred from the New Kingston headquarters when he takes office tomorrow.

Speaking to the Sunday Observer on Friday, Burrell - who was nominated by 11 of the 13 Parish Associations in September to replace Crenston Boxhill - said: "There will be no padlocks and chains on the doors of the football office when we take over, unlike what happened in 2003 when we were voted out of office."

Burrell will take over at today's Voting Congress at Sandals Negril, which will be hosted by the Hanover FA.

In addition to Burrell resuming the office he held between 1994 and 2003 after taking over from the Portland-based attorney-at-law Heron Dale, several other executive members will officially take office as sole nominees.

Bruce Gaynor of St James will assume the post of second vice-president; Raymond Anderson of St Mary third vice-president; Garfield Sinclair of St Catherine treasurer and Hanover's Lorraine Scringer the executive officer.
      There will be one election as Trelawny's Linnell McLean, the incumbent second vice-president, will face Manchester's Dale Spencer for first vice-president .

The election of officers is the 11th on the 13-item Agenda.

Burrell was reluctant to give away any of his plans to resuscitate the game after taking over, but told the Sunday Observer he would hold a press conference after a meeting with his executive committee after the Congress.

He said he was fine-tuning a 15-page document which he will present at the press conference where he says he will have a lot to say, "especially about the technical aspects of Jamaica's football".

What he said was no secret was that former general secretary Horace Reid would return to that position, but he would not elaborate on any other staff issues.

According to Burrell, when he goes to the JFF headquarters tomorrow, it will mark the first time since November 2003 he would be going near the complex.

He said following that Voting Congress at Starfish Resort in Trelawny, instructions were given that no member of the outgoing administration should be allowed inside the office and security guards were posted at the door.

"Under my watch, this cannot happen," he said. "There will be no chains or padlocks on the doors of the Jamaica Football Federation. All members of the football family will be welcomed there; this is very important," he stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

BY PAUL A REID Observer writer
        reidp@jamaicaobserver.com

NEGRIL, Westmoreland - Incoming president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell, said no member of the football family will be barred from the New Kingston headquarters when he takes office tomorrow.

Speaking to the Sunday Observer on Friday, Burrell - who was nominated by 11 of the 13 Parish Associations in September to replace Crenston Boxhill - said: "There will be no padlocks and chains on the doors of the football office when we take over, unlike what happened in 2003 when we were voted out of office."

Burrell will take over at today's Voting Congress at Sandals Negril, which will be hosted by the Hanover FA.

In addition to Burrell resuming the office he held between 1994 and 2003 after taking over from the Portland-based attorney-at-law Heron Dale, several other executive members will officially take office as sole nominees.

Bruce Gaynor of St James will assume the post of second vice-president; Raymond Anderson of St Mary third vice-president; Garfield Sinclair of St Catherine treasurer and Hanover's Lorraine Scringer the executive officer.
        There will be one election as Trelawny's Linnell McLean, the incumbent second vice-president, will face Manchester's Dale Spencer for first vice-president .

The election of officers is the 11th on the 13-item Agenda.

Burrell was reluctant to give away any of his plans to resuscitate the game after taking over, but told the Sunday Observer he would hold a press conference after a meeting with his executive committee after the Congress.

He said he was fine-tuning a 15-page document which he will present at the press conference where he says he will have a lot to say, "especially about the technical aspects of Jamaica's football".

What he said was no secret was that former general secretary Horace Reid would return to that position, but he would not elaborate on any other staff issues.

According to Burrell, when he goes to the JFF headquarters tomorrow, it will mark the first time since November 2003 he would be going near the complex.

He said following that Voting Congress at Starfish Resort in Trelawny, instructions were given that no member of the outgoing administration should be allowed inside the office and security guards were posted at the door.

"Under my watch, this cannot happen," he said. "There will be no chains or padlocks on the doors of the Jamaica Football Federation. All members of the football family will be welcomed there; this is very important," he stressed.
        Members of the former former administration were locked out?

Wow!
        ...and, claims were being made about the Boxhill administration being sabotaged?

Appears serious efforts were made to find evidence of wrong-doing on the Burrell administration? ...and, serious efforts were made to discredit Burrell in the eyes of the staff? Locking the man out? Wow! Wow! Wow!

Comment

Karl!
          This is probably just the beginning of the "damage control" that will be utilized by Boxhill and his cohorts over the next few weeks.

Comment

Can you imagine if it was the other way around? Burrell put padlock on the gate?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was thinking the same Asssasin.

Guys like Sickko and Mosiah would still be talking about it TODAY!!
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

So, why are the two mutually exclusive?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  So, why are the two mutually exclusive?!?!
                  The claims of sabotage would, in my mind, be more believable if those doing the sabotage were not banned from, and also locked out of the JFF offices. It just seems that it would be difficult to know of privilaged JFF plans and strategies if one was banned and lock away from what was supposed to be happening.

Not that I for one moment believed in those claims of sabotage. To pick up yourself and go out to work at sabotaging someone....ths person one would like to sabotage would first need to be doing something or planning to do something that could be sabotaged.

If we look at the stories coming out of the England tour, the effort put into preparing our national teams...including the U-20 Pan Am silver medal winners, teams given to Bora and teams not given to Bora...and what we are now hearing about 'Bora's contract', the hiding of and the unfinished Academy on the unsuitable inaccessible hillside in St. Elizabeth...not to mention other things... it would appear there was nothing to sabotage. The 'managers' did a great job of sabotaging themselves!

Comment

Didn't read all the crap, Karl, but I can tell it makes no sense. If I were locked out like that, I would be very upset, which might lead me to sabotage your work.

If you can't see that...

Who was hiding the academy, Karl? What is unsuitable or inaccessible about the "hillside"? What hillside? Have you ever been there?

Seems like you know a thing or two about sabotage!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Didn't read all the crap, Karl, but I can tell it makes no sense. If I were locked out like that, I would be very upset, which might lead me to sabotage your work.

If you can't see that...

Who was hiding the academy, Karl? What is unsuitable or inaccessible about the "hillside"? What hillside? Have you ever been there?

Seems like you know a thing or two about sabotage!
                      Yes, I visited!
                      ...unsuitable - far removed from support services & does not lend itself to wide cost sharing by many other educational institutions and support services providers!

...inaccessible - Far removed from easy access by the majority who should be using it OFTEN!

...hillside! - a hillside is a hillside! My parents home is situated on one. I have my 60+ years of living and being attached to our hillside (my parents' home) to know one when I see one!

Comment

I do hope you are successul in moving it to GC Foster. Without a doubt, it would flourish in that environment, particularly with the knowledge that there would now be some genetic link.

Good luck, Karl!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sigh!!!!!!
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                          X