Topic: How should Henry fit back into Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic: How should Henry fit back into Arsenal

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#008643><TD vAlign=center align=left>Topic: How should Henry fit back into Arsenal </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#f7f7f7 colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f7f7f7><TD vAlign=top align=left width="18%"><A name=000000></A>saltman

</TD><TD align=left> <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>I dont think it is a coincidence that Arsenal won the past 2 games without Henry. Becuase of what he has become, he hinders the team NOWadays especially if he isn't having a good game. I never doubted arsenal for this game, as they have played very well all season, and just have been slightly unlucky and a bit off-timed, this is obvioiusly the jump start the season needed, but TH14 needs to really analyze how best he can serve this team, forget about the past, this is today, Henry needs to adjust. <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top align=left width="18%"><A name=000001></A>cruyff14
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 type=text/javascript><!-- var avline = avatar_line("http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3681/gerrardtacklesneville8vu.gif"); if(avline) { &#100;ocument.writeln(avline + "
    ") } // end if// --></SCRIPT>

</TD><TD align=left><HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>. . .I think they should get rid of both Henry and Wenger. These two have really been holding Arsenal back. <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#f7f7f7 colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f7f7f7><TD vAlign=top align=left width="18%"><A name=000002></A>saltman

</TD><TD align=left> <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><FONT fa
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Topic: How should Henry fit back into Arsenal

Man unoo must not drink white rum on hungry belly and post....

Comment

Should fit in quite nicely, remember this is

Henry's domain (Club ball). The prince is doing well at Barca also, you should haveseen him yesterday. Oh yes Messi was having fun too. One day I will put up a list of all the club ballas.

Comment

forgive us if we do not hold our collective breaths in waiting for this "list".....anyway since i am not even a club balla ... my respects to those who are......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Club ball you know that Hery is four goals away from being france all time leading scorer, and moving past Mr. Platini

Comment

The original post has anti and pro Henry points. It has been noted that this season when Henry hasplayed with the team the results have been"no match won" and in his absence "all matches/2 matches won". That is an interesting fact.

The suggestion that Henry should become more of a team player and less of a 'fancy don' I have promoted through the last three seasons.Yes, there was that great unbeaten run...but, although Henry's goal output was tremendous, there were other more telling/just as telling, but often ignored contributions.

Veira's and Pires' input and the TEAMplay of the other 8 on-the-field players as unit...contributions were more important to Arsenal than Henry's input. The fact is at times I thought Henry's showboating resulted in too often the ball being lost and too often the opposing team being given time to reorganise defense.

It is little wonder...it is no surprise that without Veira and with Pires being sparingly used, last year Arsenal was a shadow of the team that just two season previously dominated.

Now Pires has left and Henry with the same supporting staff, albeit this is early in the season, finds that when he is not on the field the GUNNERS got more positive results.

I think the suggestion...hell I am baised where that is concerned...I have been saying it for three seasons previously...that Henry become more of a TEAM player would put the GUNNERS immediately into a position to win trophies. As it stands with Henry's selfish showboating winning zilch is on the cards.
            Last edited by Karl; April 13, 2008, 05:39 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

see di list here:

it's very short

!. Theiry Henry (King)

2. Ronaldhino (Prince)

3. Lionel Messi (Prince) bawl blood dem is clubbis

Comment

oj..... cool yuh foot nuh?!!! cho ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you continue to whistle dixie...is just because henry is an easy target as a result of the HIGH standards that he has set! you continue to talk about how selfish he is and yet as a forward he continues to have the MOST assists EVEN when pires was there...imagine a forward leading the team in goals AND assists in the same season and on more than one occasion and you have the AUDACITY to call him selfish???!!!

wenger brings in a young team last season YOUNG team that gelled only towards the end of the season and is henry fault?!! how can you lose players like pires and vieira and NOT expect it to affect the team? and suddenly...2 games (or 4 if you wish) define aresenal's perrennial MVP!

UN --glaublich!!!!!

Comment

Gamma (9/20/2006)...is just because henry is an easy target as a result of the HIGH standards that he has set! you continue to talk about how selfish he is and yet as a forward he continues to have the MOST assists EVEN when pires was there...imagine a forward leading the team in goals AND assists in the same season and on more than one occasion and you have the AUDACITY to call him selfish???!!!

wenger brings in a young team last season YOUNG team that gelled only towards the end of the season and is henry fault?!! how can you lose players like pires and vieira and NOT expect it to affect the team? and suddenly...2 games (or 4 if you wish) define aresenal's perrennial MVP!

UN --glaublich!!!!!
                    Ofcourse Henry's great talent and skills demand he does most for TEAM. It must be, in all TEAMs, thateach player channels optimum ability for TEAM success.I hope you do not disagree?

...but, TEAMs win matches...and, the most skilled player displaying his skills to wow the crowd at the expense of TEAM successMUST be condemned. What is the point of a Lowe scoring a goal every match...proving he isthe most potent and best goalscorer on the TEAM if the TEAM does not attain what would be best for it? What is the point of Henry scoring goals when he 'feels' like it, when as far as trophies goes he does not continue to score when TEAM 'likes'/needs it to be done? What is the point of Henry supplying assists when he 'feels like' it...showing the world he is great at it and when we face the TEAMs that MUST be defeated for us to win trophies he goes on 'preening displays' and the TEAM loses?

Henryhas great gifts. Gifts that standout...and, gifts that must be used for TEAM wins...consistently and during moments of TEAM's greatest needs! The man takes us 'near'...and then leaves us in despair!

Aside: The 4 matches played thus far I hope does not define our team.

Even when Vieira and Pires were in the TEAM henry at times played the fool!

Comment

utter rubbish!!! pure nonsense, tripe and drivel!!! if henry is such a liability GET RID OF HIM!!! when henry has a bad day (he is human) unnuh jump on and try to demonise the man!! look how many good SEASONS he's has had at least 2 EPL titles and FA cups and now a champions league final for the first time in arsenal's history and without vieira and pires, maybe they were holding arsenal back...why yuh nuh seh dat too???!!!!!!

not one word is said about those around him and their shortcomings...it all henry's fault!!!

i take comfort in the fact that i truly believe that you do not believe a word of what you have said!!

Comment

<DIV>Are you sure Karl's post isn't based on "undeniable fact"?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>:hehe:</DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Always bout team team team, Selfishness is part of a strikah's repoirtre (sp). How dem fi succeed wid Henry. Ah Henry mek Arsenal plain an trait. Pires nuh come inna dis yah argument, none tall. Pires ongle come reap some ah di sweet. Viera ah di one weh was di engine mek ebry ting happen. Wid out Henry dem nah guh no weh. Henry tek di title from Ian Wright ah arsenal dat speak fi itself. Ah hu much goal him score since him come ah Arsenal again.

Comment

<H1>Fit-again Henry hails 'unique' Wenger legacy</H1><BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Thierry Henry claims beautiful football is the main legacy of Arsene Wenger's decade at the club. <DIV class=phinline>
                            <DIV style="WIDTH: 205px"><DIV class=photocred2>GettyImages</DIV><DIV class=photosubtext>Henry is part of Wenger's 'beautiful football' legacy at Arsenal.</DIV></DIV></DIV>

Henry admits Wenger, who celebrates his 10th anniversary next week, has brought numerous qualities to the English game. But he believes the transformation of 'boring, boring Arsenal' into a team who now command worldwide respect for their dashing style must be the French manager's greatest achievement. Henry, 29, said: 'The way he sees the game and the way he wants his players to play. He is unique. 'It's like when you used to see Ajax, they had this tradition of passing the ball and that's what Arsene has brought here. 'We did win some ugly games like the FA Cup final against Manchester United - if that was a boxing match they would have stopped the game. 'But I still think that now we have an identity and people now recognise Arsenal by the way we play. 'Everybody has their own way. I don't know if `boring, boring Arsenal' was fair. They won some stuff too, even playing like that. 'But now we are winning stuff, playing like this. Arsene has changed the view people have of the club. 'When I walk in London or even abroad, people come up and say: `I'm not an Arsenal fan but I love to see you play'. 'That's because of Arsene and what's amazing with him, is that even when we didn't start the season well, he just said we have to stick to our game.' Wenger, 56, is the most successful manager in Arsenal's history, winning seven major trophies with the club, including three league titles. He took the club to the Champions League final last season but his greatest achievement on the pitch was to complete an entire league season unbeaten in 2003/04. Henry said: 'He said we were going to go a season unbeaten but he said it a year too soon. Everybody laughed. I remember that so well. 'When we lost that first game everyone said: `Oh yeah?' but the year after we did it. 'He always says this kind of stuff and sometimes he's the only one who thinks like that and says it. 'Besides being a great person tactically and seeing good players he is a great human being.' The Arsenal captain detects no signs that his manager is ready to retire from the game. Henry said: 'I don't know if he can live without football. Thankfully for us that's just him. This is his life. When you go through all your active life, every morning training, every Saturday and Wednesday a game, you don't want to stop.' Wenger gave Henry his first start in senior football when he was a teenager coming through the ranks at Monaco. Then, in 1999, the Arsenal boss paid £11million to rescue him from Juventus where he was struggling to make an impact. Wenger converted Henry from a winger into a striker and he went on to score more goals for the club than anyone else. Henry feels personal gratitude for Wenger's influence on his own career and now, as Arsenal captain, he is considering how to mark the anniversary in the dressing room. The French striker said: 'We need to do something special for him, like throw him under the shower after the game. 'Knowing Arsene he'll just say if we can win it'll make him happy.' Henry is fit to return for Saturday's game at home to Sheffield United after missing two matches with a foot injury. The Arsenal skipper said: 'It's better. I'm there to be picked. 'I made a mistake. I shouldn't have played against Boro. But we didn't start well this season so when I came back from the Italy game, I had an injection and I made it worse.' He was also at pains to explain stor

Comment

Gamma (9/21/2006)<BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

'When I walk in London or even abroad, people come up and say: `I'm not an Arsenal fan but I love to see (Arsenal) play'. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV><DIV>
                              </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Cyaan lie. Just yesterday I had a similar conversation with someone. Arsenal plays the most attractive football in England, and have been for a while!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Still - YNWA!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X