Wow! I posted before I read Sickko's post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I posted before I read Sickko's post

I agree with what u are saying, but I have it on very good info that Burrell is in contavt with Rene with a view to bringing him back. How seriously he is considering it I don't know.

well in Ja dem say:
    Tan an see, nuh spoil nuh dance. Dat mi ah do.

Comment

From what we have been hearing , Rene probably has his bags packed and ready to move once the ticket is sent.

Rico, I dont think most of who post here have a clue as to what is going on- most of them think Burrell will walk in and wave a wand and everything will be all right.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Given Bora's record; there is no doubt about
        his coaching ability. That said; we must understand that there is a
        new management on board. If the new management doesn't foresee a good working atmosphere with the present coaching staff, it's the management right to bring on someone, who they feel will bring success or implement their vision. That's how it's done this side of the pond. Burrell says he's going to turn things around; well I'm not going to question his method, just the end product (did things turn around).

Comment

I doubt many is having that illusion. Most suppoters are very disappointed at the fact that we haven't had any meaningful friendlies in a long time and our rating has dropped so low, they couldn't have imagine this a year ago.

We just want some consistency..
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There is no wand? Not even one made from dough?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just the fact say we have flour, it can feed the multitude, We only want the water into wine yah now
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                From what we have been hearing , Rene probably has his bags packed and ready to move once the ticket is sent.

Rico, I dont think most of who post here have a clue as to what is going on- most of them think Burrell will walk in and wave a wand and everything will be all right.
                Chief, In my humble opinion, Burrell can do no worse than the clueless Crenston, so yes, we the fans are in a way expecting a turn-around of our football furtunes under Burrell. If anything, his achievements in the past makes us believe he can work magic.

If you ask me, There is room in the programm for both Bora and Rene, or whoever else We can afford. Can we afford both men at the same time? Maybe not, but lets just sit back and see things unfold. Bora needs as much help as he can get, its highly unlikely that he can manage Jamaica's football development all on his own.

Maybe Rene as TD with overall responsibility for the development of Jamaicas football and Bora as head coach responsible for getting us to South Africa. Who knows, maybe Simoes would gladly take US$350K per year.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

meaningful friendlies
                  Is that what is called an oxymoron?
                  I was always of the opinion that friendlies were meaningless.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am sure Rene will take even less than that as I am sure he is not happy being out of work and I am not so sure he is in any position to make any demands on anyone, even Bermuda.

I dont agree there is space in the programme for both men, even if we could afford them. They may have different styles and approaches and i am sure either man wont want to be dictated to by the other.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Well if we get five and six against England, Austrialia, Ghana and Iran in such a short space a time, there is nothing meaningful inna them, I guess you only a learn fi pick up goals.

Comment

what you mean he is out of work?

Is coaching the top Seria B team in Brazil out of work and in cause you don't know the winner in that league goes to the Seria A or top league in Brazil.

You don't see Simoes said he didn't apply for the job, give the man the benefit of t he doubt there.

Comment

I am sure Rene will take even less than that as I am sure he is not happy being out of work and I am not so sure he is in any position to make any demands on anyone, even Bermuda.

I dont agree there is space in the programme for both men, even if we could afford them. They may have different styles and approaches and i am sure either man wont want to be dictated to by the other.
                          No need for both men to get in each others way...again, roles would have to be clearly defined, the national team will be the sole responsibility of Bora, while everything else falls under the guidance of the national TD (Simoes). Sure we need synergy between all the teams, but we can bypass the senior team for the time being and focus on getting the synergy going between the youth teams. If we can get a Simoes for 350K per year and keep him here for 8 years, we deifinately could get things in place for a serious run at Brazil 2014.

If Boxhill was thinking in the first place, we wouldnt be having this headache today.
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Rene have big restaurant a Brazil. Nuh worry bout him.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK - You are sure Rene will take $350,000.00 per annum or less.

What then prevents a renegotiation of Bora's contract subject to any buy out clause?

...and, as to Bora and Rene working for a national entity at the same time; what on earth would prevent both from having clearly defined responsibilities that would not entail an overlap?

Let us say - Coach "x" is responsible for the national senior team only...and, coach "y" is responsible for the all-island development program...where would any friction occur?

The national senior team man, coach "X", would have first choice on selections/players only! That is it!

The TD guy would be feeling great if, and when any of the locals - players developed by him - made it to the '1st TEAM".

In all of the 1st world football countries highly qualified coaches simultaneously are employed to the FA. It is a way of life! is it we should necessarily see ourselves of not worthy of having management systems in place on par with 1st world football countries?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X