Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we considered the financial cost

of firing Bora?

Who will pay that off, not the JFF that has not been able to pay their staff for the past two or three months.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

What would be the reason for firing Bora. Burrell may be an egomaniac but is he also stupid? That would the ultimate cutting your nose to spite your face. Then again we may be able to lure CB from his stint at Cayman. So maybe there is method to this madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      of firing Bora?

Who will pay that off, not the JFF that has not been able to pay their staff for the past two or three months.
      What if the cost of keeping Bora was $1 million per year...and, terminating his salary cost a total of $300,000.00 when spread over the remaining period of his contract...

...and, a new coach of similar ability costs $300,000.00 (or some other figure that makes you - the JFF - come out ahead) per year?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...and you know for a fact that buying out his contract would cost $300,000 or as usual you just talking out of your....
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

sometimes hearts and mind don't meet. While I can state I am not advocating it but the new JFF may want Bora to run the overall progam which he was not intially employed to do and this may cause some problem for both sides.

We can talk about the cost but nobody know what is in the contract and what Bora and the JFF can negociate if it reach that point.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

of firing Bora?

Here is what will happen. Bora will remain in charge of the Senior squad leading up to World Cup Qualification. Forgive me if I am wrong, but we are already out of the running for the other major age-group/womens competitions, so the need to have Bora working with these teams is pretty much irrelevant.

I am pretty certain that Bora will not have a problem assisting with other areas of Jamaica's footbal development, as long as his role can be clearly defined.

Bora will have his work Cut out for him, as I am pretty sure the Horace Burrell administration will put him to work come Monday morning.
            Last edited by Reggae-Fan; November 2, 2007, 01:55 PM.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

He said "what if", Sickko. Cho man. Chill!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I hope you are right, I really hope so...
                Che Guevara.

Comment

...and you know for a fact that buying out his contract would cost $300,000 or as usual you just talking out of your....
                  Sickko: It is a hypothetical. I am asking you to think? ...do not lock yourself into assuming buying out Bora's contract or renegotiating same may not be the sensible alternative?

Just saying it has to be looked at by the Captain...and, then an informed decision taken....you know it! ...by the Captain!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is nothing hypothetical about this situation and it is best we wait till we have hard evidence rather than join you in your world of make believe and fairy tales.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

of firing Bora?

If the negotiations end up bringing down cost - then do not enter into contracts that would bring that cost down...
                      ...particularly as you state the JFF is currently having financial problems?

Are you really suggesting that it makes no sense attempting to lower costs? Burrell is to, as far as the payments to Bora go, sit back and do nothing?

Comment

Working...
                      X