No announcement yet.

Burrell’s no superman- Observer West Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short list to be Brazil national coach, in which reality? Yours? Not good enough, B league in Brazil- what the hell is that?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

agree wid assasin on rene being a better td than bora... not even sure if bora is a better coach...

sickko, i think you are being shortsighted to state that rene doesn't have anything to offer jamaica football... my argument is that if rene could take jamaica from a worse position that it currently stands to the world cup finals, he can definitely do it again... i have that much faith and respect for rene...

to suggest that because he hasnt coached another national team to the world cup he is no good or he could not help jamaica is flawed thinking...

jamaica needs a rene simoes - a td/coach who is genuinely interested in the development of the game from the ground up... imagine where the program would be if we had continued with rene simoes... it could not be worse than it is right now...

sickko, i beg you to apply some objectivity to the reasoning...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

sickko, sickko... i cannot let you make this statement without you providing some argument to substantiate this position...

Simoes has nothing to offer Jamaica right now, and the further away he stays, the better.

thanks for the response...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

That is really the stupidest statement I have read in a long while.

There were some good points in the article, but that sentence is one of those that would cause people to forget the good things the writer has written.

Comment

Yes Sickko, stand up and express yuhself. Frankly, i do not want to see Simoes back, but that statement goes out on a limb.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I stand by what I believe, Rene has NOTHING to offer us now, I am sure Burrell will go back and try to recreate the wheel by bringing back Simoes here and try to get the 1995 feeling all over again, we have moved from that position now, regardless of where the JFF's administration is at.

Time to move on and look ahead not behind
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

As I said above, Burrell and the JFF needs to look ahead not behind. Too often in his stay in office Burrell tried too hard to go back to the Braziloiian well and it blew up in his face..time to move on.

I still think Bora is the best coach for us and I dont see him continuing this state of no games for too much longer, I am sure that if he is retained and the the JFF's admin and office situation firms up we will see many games being played as we approach the start of qualifying in June.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  I stand by what I believe, Rene has NOTHING to offer us now, I am sure Burrell will go back and try to recreate the wheel by bringing back Simoes here and try to get the 1995 feeling all over again, we have moved from that position now, regardless of where the JFF's administration is at.

Time to move on and look ahead not behind
                  Forget your reluctance to have *Rene back...are you saying the creating of a '95 type atmosphere is a waste? ...should not be done?

*As I said we can do worse than Rene.

For our national senior TEAM perhaps, a John Barnes - technical and tactical skills with strong on the ball ability and serious mental fortitude -with a Mexican at his side would be good.

A Mexican as TD to revolutionise our way of playing - bring in an Arsenal type high technical ability, quickness in reaction time and speed across ground, quick intelligent game...a 'pass and move' game right across the island - in every nook-and-cranny?
                  Last edited by Karl; November 2, 2007, 05:24 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

thanks Brethren, Well said.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi respek everyting wha di man dem
                      ah say, but given what the Prof has one for JA, I think we could drop the Rene, Rene. Prof. would suffice.

Bless.

Comment

When a man can make a stupid statement like Rene has NOTHING to offer you really have to wonder. Better the man say him have less to offer than Bora.

Comment

them have some duppy left up deh.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Di outgoing administration neva duh nutten fi football and its development suh weh dem get a weh dem deserve. Di Bora business is a joke if yuh ask mi, but di outgoing administration was di same. If di spade haffi call trait. Wait fi di pork barrell fi open, ah doan even tink di barrell lef, much less di pork. Ah di who dis yah writah anyway. Him shouldah state di previous admin ineffectiveness an poor administration of affairs den wi couldah determine if di barrel di lef much less di pork.

Comment

Is some lickle hurry come up writer who nuh know nuttin bout football and muss a try a ting fi mek a name...
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X