Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. youth Bradley scores against Ajax

RECAP: AJAX 3 - 1 HEERENVEEN

Ajax jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they advanced to the round of 16 over Heerenveen at the Amsterdam Arena despite a late goal from Michael Bradley.

Ajax captain Klaas-Jan Huntelaar hit a low line drive of a free kick in the seventh minute that troubled Belgium goalkeeper Brian Vandenbussche.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Good for him. He will need to improve his ability to shoot balls from range. Watching him through the U20 WC I was suprised at how poorly he took shots from outside of the 18. Not sure if that was the exception or the rule but that goal he scored wasn't half bad. - T.k.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
        Good for him. He will need to improve his ability to shoot balls from range. Watching him through the U20 WC I was suprised at how poorly he took shots from outside of the 18. Not sure if that was the exception or the rule but that goal he scored wasn't half bad. - T.k.
        Affi give him his props. When his dad was starting him for the Metrostars I was mocking him ... he has proven me wrong. What I like about him is that him nuh fraid fi buss the tackle.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Affi give him his props. When his dad was starting him for the Metrostars I was mocking him ... he has proven me wrong. What I like about him is that him nuh fraid fi buss the tackle.
          I have told the story more than a few times about Bradley hitting balls at the back up keeper before the US-Argentina match in 2002 and how he was hitting absolute bombs and had the crowd chanting ole. This past U20 WC he was dismal getting the ball on frame. That was why I was wondering if it was just a case of him growing into his body and reworking out the kinks or if he has gone backwards with that skill. Glad to see him continue to be such a an important piece of the puzzle for Herenveen. Nice goal indeed. - T.K.

Comment

Saw him against Brasil and his
            inexperience showed greatly. I cannot defend against skillfull players. He kept hitting and elbowing Robinho, then he moved to Dinho. If it was any other coach he would have been removed from the game (seeing that he was indicating he would give up a penalty any minute).

Not tearing him down but his defending against Brasil was horrible. He is average. BTW you should see the shock on his face when King Binho scooped the ball over his head. Him nuh know dem ball deh

Comment

You mean a 20-year-old showed his inexperience when facing Brazil's first team?? I'm shocked!

Sorry, but pretty much any defensive midfielder is going to have a difficult time when facing Robinho and Ronaldinho over 90 minutes.

It's true that he fouls a bit too much, but that's mainly because he gets caught out of position too often. However, positioning can be learned and improved over time.

He's now an established starter in the Dutch 1st division, and his potential is enormous.
              - Xavi

Comment

Oh yeah what if Robinho
                had taken up that approach when suiting for Brasil at age 20? Your
                arguments are weak.

Comment

Jawge my good friend I actually thought he had a good game against Brazil. He was the US' best player that day I thought. I think the US has found themselves a good defensive mid in Bradley. Robinho has left many a player star struck at one point or another. An exciting player no question. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                  X