Henry on defensive after slow Barca start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry on defensive after slow Barca start

Thierry Henry has defended his slow start to life in Spain by demanding his critics 'stop looking for the player who was at Arsenal'.

Henry was a hero with the Gunners during his time in London but has yet to find his top form since moving to the Nou Camp.

But Henry has insisted football in the Primera Liga is different to the English game and does not want to be judged in comparison with his Premier League achievements.

Henry told The Independent: 'I am not at Arsenal any more. It's a different type of game and most of the time here I play with my back to the net, but I have four goals and three assists.

'It's not just about me - I look at how I can help the team.

'Stop looking for the player who was at Arsenal.'

Describing the differences he has found since his summer transfer, the France striker said: 'The game is much quicker in England and there are other differences.

'Whenever you touch somebody here it is a foul.

'I never thought it would be easy to play for Barcelona, but it took me nine games to score my first goal in England.

'I play in the way you saw at Arsenal, a more direct way. Here, we pass the ball more from right to left and the approach is different. I have to adapt to that.

'At Arsenal, when we counter-attacked, the ball came to me straight away.'

Henry, 30, was thrust into a central role in Frank Rijkaard's side almost as soon as he arrived and he concedes he would have preferred to acclimatise slowly.

'It would have been better to go into the team step by step, but then Samuel Eto'o got injured and other players were not ready after the Copa America.

'I had to come back to fitness and play at the same time. I don't have any excuses though, I just have to get on with it.'
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Hery is my baller still but one think I must say to him or remind him of is ( anelka, vanbronhurst, edu, wilthrop, ) when you left the gunners dem flap..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      Hery is my baller still but one think I must say to him or remind him of is ( anelka, vanbronhurst, edu, wilthrop, ) when you left the gunners dem flap..
      Wiltord? Really? How many league championship he won since leaving Arsenal? How many leagues Arsenal won since he left? Stop deceiving yuhself.

Henry isn't play terribly, with a little more luck he would be the leading scorer of the league.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wiltord is a bug anywhere you put him France or anywhere else. the rest of dem flop still. See the difference for Henry might be he needs time.

Comment

Wiltord is a bug anywhere you put him France or anywhere else. the rest of dem flop still. See the difference for Henry might be he needs time.
          Wiltord won Ligue 1 almost every season since leaving Arsenal. How many times Arsenal won the EPL without him?

Gio, the Dutch player went on to win La Liga and the CL. Pires is having a good campaign in Spain. Suh .... come again? Didn't injuries have a part in Edu's demise?

Comment

wiltord won the league or he is part of the team that won.

Comment

wiltord won the league or he is part of the team that won.
              Nuh bother get technical now OJ. How many titles Wiltord won since leaving Arsenal? How many Arsenal won since he left?

Comment

you know he scored just 3 goals in 2004.. you better concentrate on boyu and lol big man side.

Comment

you know he scored just 3 goals in 2004.. you better concentrate on boyu and lol big man side.
                  .. and he scored 12 in 2005.

Comment

your point is what. If him so good how comes he dont play for manu.. My point is most players who catpult to stardom at arsenal struggled when they left. None came as stars but were built and thus the expectation was gradual and measured. Its not quite the same when you leave as a superstar. Henry will do fine in spain it will take him a few cames to get his feet wet and plus his team has many many options. He dont need to score 20 a year for them to be good.

Comment

your point is what. If him so good how comes he dont play for manu.. My point is most players who catpult to stardom at arsenal struggled when they left. None came as stars but were built and thus the expectation was gradual and measured. Its not quite the same when you leave as a superstar. Henry will do fine in spain it will take him a few cames to get his feet wet and plus his team has many many options. He dont need to score 20 a year for them to be good.

You claim that they flop when they leave Arsenal, Wiltord is an example of a player that went on win trophies since leaving Arsenal. Don't fight it bro ... the facts are there.

Comment

who else.

Comment

Working...
                        X