• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ good enough for the Premiership

Sheffield Wednesday

Story by Andy Parsons
    30 October 2007

Brian Laws believes Wednesday's flying Jamaican winger Jermaine Johnson is good enough to play in the Premiership.

The former Bradford and Oldham man has not been in great form this season but scored on his return to the starting line up against Stoke with a sumptuous effort and then set up Marcus Tudgay with an excellent cross against Blackpool on Saturday.
    Consistency has been a problem for Johnson though but if the winger could bring that to his game, Laws knows the ability of the player.
    He said: "Jermaine has got the ability to go to the next level. He is a quality player and has shown that on many occasions.
    "He is showing a good work ethic for the team, not just going forward but helping defensively as well. We're not asking him to do anything we know he is not capable of."
    Meanwhile, a strong Owls reserve side beat Scnthorpe 4-1 today thanks to goals from Kenny Lunt, Etienne Esajas and youngsters Charlie Tunnard and Rocky Lekaj
    Last edited by Tilla; October 30, 2007, 10:34 PM.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Change the font colour nuh? It hard fi read.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

nuh change the colour cause you can't mek a certain African see this at all.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Tilla put restrictions pon nuff a we...and we can't mek nuh edits afta 29 minutes of posting.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

A long time him have di class, him prove it aready, suh dis yah comment nuh strange. Englan coach dem always a talk bout good work ethic fi team. Dem nuh know how fi recognize oda qualities oda dan run up an dung; das why di National team cyaan win nutten. A peer run up an dung di team ah run up an dung like idiot, nuh individual artistry and enterprise fi create nutten. When dem learn fi recognize enterprise pan fiel dem will be a bettah fi it.

Comment

A dat Luton under yah now with Robson.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X