United fears over Ferdinand fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United fears over Ferdinand fitness

Rio Ferdinand has been rated as 'touch-and-go' for Manchester United's top-of-the-table clash against Arsenal at The Emirates on Saturday.

The defender, the only ever-present player in the United team this season, has become the club's latest injury casualty after suffering a reccurrence of a groin problem.

According to the Evening Standard, Ferdinand, who was replaced with 20 minutes remaining of Saturday's win over Middlesbrough, underwent a scan on Monday instead of attending training.
    'The England centre half fears a recurrence of a groin problem that forced him to miss four of United's final six games in the run-in to regaining the title last season,' it reports.
    'United insiders expect Ferdinand to bite the bullet for Saturday's crucial lunchtime showdown at the Emirates, which is likely to be one of a handful of matches this season that settle the destination of the title.

'But there is concern that Ferdinand's injury will have to be addressed in the long term if it keeps returning to bother the defender, who is 29 next month.' Concern over Ferdinand was overshadowed on Monday by the news that Paul Scholes would be ruled out for three months with knee ligament damage. However, his absence could be offset by the return of Michael Carrick. The midfielder is believed to be nearing a comeback after dislocating his shoulder against Roma last month.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Fergie and his 'nonsense mind games'?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Fergie and his 'nonsense mind games'?
      Stop the foolishness. You ever see Fergie pull Rio from a game yet?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        You ever see Fergie pull Rio from a game yet?
        My point exactly!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My point exactly!
          You have no point. Fergie know who his best defender is and nuh matter how bad he is playing, Fergie not pulling him. The substitution surprized me and now I can see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            You have no point. Fergie know who his best defender is and nuh matter how bad he is playing, Fergie not pulling him. The substitution surprized me and now I can see why.
            I take Fergie's current words on Rio with a grain of salt!

Comment

I take Fergie's current words on Rio with a grain of salt!
              uuummmm I doubt Fergie gives a damn. You're in no position to say the player isn't injuried suh hold a seat.

Comment

Rio fit to face Arsenal (Empire's Website)

United have confirmed that Rio Ferdinand is fit to face Arsenal on Saturday at the Emirates Stadium.

Reports in Tuesday’s press claimed that the Reds defender has experienced a recurrence of an old groin injury and would miss the key Premier League clash.

However, the influential 28-year-old centre-back trained with the rest of the squad at Carrington on Tuesday, and is considered fully fit and ready to play against the Gunners.

Comment

So no excuses from Fergie when he leaves the Emirates with 0 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                    So no excuses from Fergie when he leaves the Emirates with 0 points.
                    Have you ever heard Fergie mek an excuse yet? Please give an example.

Comment

Live post comment shows are not seen on tv. Only summaries. And then again this is ARSENAL we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                        Live post comment shows are not seen on tv. Only summaries. And then again this is ARSENAL we are talking about.
                        Skysports, BBC, Setanta, Eurosports at times carry video clips of the post match comments as well as quotes of what was said. Yuh accuse the General of the Empire of making excuses ... are you in a position to provide proof?

Comment

Working...
                        X