Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Adu gives Benfica the win in Portugese League

BENFICA 2 - 1 MARITIMO

For the third time in a month, Freddy Adu scored in the final four minutes, this time converting from close range to give ten-man Benfica the win over Maritimo.

Maritimo silenced Estadio da Luz in the eighth minute when Oliveira Kanu latched on to Ricardo Esteves' pass and expertly lobbed goalkeeper Quim.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Man I tell you Zeppo. The kid is a real trooper man. Can't begin to tell you how happy I am for him. He and Feilhaber are what the US have been dying to have for the men's national team.....out and out attacking central mids. Glad to see Freddy continuing the ascent to a permanent spot with the US national team.

Feilhaber has not been getting any playing time with Derby which for the life of me I cannot figure out. The coach was quoted a week ago saying that he needed time to adjust to the EPL but everytime I watch Derby play I can't see who or what is keeping out of the side. He needs to command his spot and force the coach to have to put him in.

The ironic thing about all of this is that Nowak is the coach of the Olympic team right Zeppo. So where does that leave Freddy? Let us say that Freddy continues to get good minutes with Benfica and continues to be productive will Nowak put him on the roster?

I do not put it past him to leave Freddy off. Afterall he had absolutely no use for him at DC. Freddy simply is not his type of player. If you can't play both sides of the ball Nowak has no patience for you. Makes sense considering the type of attacking central mid he was when he played. Can't wait to see that drama play out. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Video of the Goal
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Now you understand the fustration wid Luton Shelton at Sheffield.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Now you understand the fustration wid Luton Shelton at Sheffield.
          Nothing wrong with being frustrated. Guys like Luton and Feilhaber are professionals and as professionals they must step up and make themselves indispensable to their coaches and teams. That is why they are paid the big bucks. - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
            The ironic thing about all of this is that Nowak is the coach of the Olympic team right Zeppo. So where does that leave Freddy? Let us say that Freddy continues to get good minutes with Benfica and continues to be productive will Nowak put him on the roster?

I do not put it past him to leave Freddy off. Afterall he had absolutely no use for him at DC. Freddy simply is not his type of player. If you can't play both sides of the ball Nowak has no patience for you.
            Hopefully Novak has seen the light by now.

An attacking spark that can win games for you should always outweigh any sort of defensive deficiencies that a player might have -- especially if he's a forward.

I don't recall too many people complaining about Roberto Baggio's poor defensive efforts.
            - Xavi

Comment

Well sometimes you coach believe you need fi go a car park nuh matter how you impress.

Sometimes you just have to step up and step out as Freddie did from DC United.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

- Xavi

Comment

Working...
                X