Manchester United Emulate 100-Year-Old Scoring Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester United Emulate 100-Year-Old Scoring Record

Manchester United have equalled a 100-year-old scoring record, when Sir Alex Ferguson’s side scored four goals against Middlesbrough in the Premiership at Old Trafford on Saturday.

The Red Devils, who won 4-1, had also scored four goals in each of their last three games against – Wigan Athletic, Aston Villa and Dynamo Kiev.

A brace from Carlos Tevez and a goal each from Nani and Rooney quelled the challenge from Gareth Southgate’s side at the Theatre of Dreams.

Ahead of the game, Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo had played down the feat in the offing that was set way back in 1907-08.

"Of course, if you have an opportunity to score more goals you should take it because the fans enjoy the game more and the players' confidence increases," he said.

"But I don't worry about how many goals we get, I am only interested in how many points we get. It could be half-nil for all I care just as long as we win."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X