• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSAFA president firmly behind Burrell

KSAFA president firmly behind Burrell
    Howard Walker, Observer writer
    walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Friday, October 26, 2007

Ambassador Stewart Stephenson, president of the Kingston & St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA), has thrown his full support behind incoming JFF president Captain Horace Burrell, although his association was the only one of 13 not to have nominated him.

KSAFA did not put up a challenger against Burrell, as expected in certain quarters, but instead nominated current Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) treasurer Rudolf Speid for the position of treasurer for the Voting Congress slated for Hanover on November 4.

Stephenson, who is in his fourth term as president of KSAFA, was widely considered as a viable candidate for the top JFF post due to the current success of the parish association.

He tinkered with the idea but decided not to run, saying Burrell has a solid team in place and based on that, there was no need to put forward a candidate for the position.

Stephenson, who was making the main address at the launch of the Victoria Mutual Building Society (VMBS) KSAFA leagues on Tuesday, declared his support for Burrell.

Said Stephenson: "I want to mention that come November 4 we are going to a have a new JFF administration. KSAFA is regarded as the leading Confederation and... we'll see the return of Capt Horace Burrell and he will seek to advance the development of the game and carry us through to South Africa.

"I've recently had a discussion with Burrell and members of his team and it's clear to us that the president is very confident and he's of course a dynamic person and will attract and bring resources to the game.

"His team includes experienced administrators and more importantly, he has extremely strong connections in CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA. When I look at it as an administrator, these attributes mean positives for the game, so we can expect development and advancement in the game.
    "Whatever the expectations from KSAFA's point of view, we will play our role in supporting the new administration as we've always done with all the administrations. We'll give them our full support and work with them so that we have full development of the game in Jamaica.

"There are some advantages that are clearly evident with this new team... The Burrell administration has been supported and nominated by 12 of the 13 parishes. It is significant because in the previous administration, we don't need to hide the fact that there were divisions, from the standpoint of president of KSAFA, it is important for us to have a unified presence on the board and management of the JFF," said Stephenson.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    KSAFA president firmly behind Burrell
    Howard Walker, Observer writer
    walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Friday, October 26, 2007

Ambassador Stewart Stephenson, president of the Kingston & St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA), has thrown his full support behind incoming JFF president Captain Horace Burrell, although his association was the only one of 13 not to have nominated him.

...We'll give them our full support and work with them so that we have full development of the game in Jamaica.
    Freudian slip?
    I think so!

Burrell should keep a tight lid on KSAFA. Choose his own treasurer. Spied I think is a good man...but...being nominated by KSAFA would leave me to find another good man!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He has no choice Karl.

Never...ever... give a boy a MANs' job.

Don't believe me? Juss ax Mosiah or Sickko.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        He has no choice Karl.

Never...ever... give a boy a MANs' job.

Don't believe me? Juss ax Mosiah or Sickko.
        That's why I am my head off!
        KSAFA missed the boat here.

Comment

Your problem is that you are too tribalistic in your thinking to realise that everyone in the same organisation don't have to say the exact same things and agree with everything all the time for progress to be made.

It it was up to you, every time 'power' changed hands you would make a clean sweep and start all over from scratch, even when there are good people in the previous administration.

I have asked here before not to judge Speid on his allegiance to Boxhill but what he doe sin his 9-5 but you are too blind and ignorant to even consider that.

Do you know if the man nominated to take over as treasurer is as qualified as Speid in the first place?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Your problem is that you are too tribalistic in your thinking to realise that everyone in the same organisation don't have to say the exact same things and agree with everything all the time for progress to be made.

It it was up to you, every time 'power' changed hands you would make a clean sweep and start all over from scratch, even when there are good people in the previous administration.

I have asked here before not to judge Speid on his allegiance to Boxhill but what he doe sin his 9-5 but you are too blind and ignorant to even consider that.

Do you know if the man nominated to take over as treasurer is as qualified as Speid in the first place?
            Did you see where I said, he is a good man? ...did you see where I said, I would not make him treasurer?

...I wonder if you did not see that the door would be open with me (if it was up to me) to still use his services?

My point is simple - He would not be in my inner circle i.e. Executive Member or in the sensitive post of Treasurer...where his reluctance or otherwise actions could possibly present - a slowing of steps I wish to take or even taking actions I would not want taken i.e. moving in directions I may not wish! Prevention is better than cure!

...yet I could still draw on his expertise!

Comment

Good view Karl.

What Sickko need to KNOW is: sometimes one has to tear down in order to build up.

Yes, even person or parts that appear to be 'good'.

HL

Comment

"One has to tear down in oder to build up" interesting school of thought, which great mind said that- Chairman Mao, Sun Tzu, MLK, Plato, Socrates?
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Key word 'sometimes'.

Heard it from Godfry Stewart one monday morning during devotion--before classes Sickko.

Maybe I was 12 or 13 years old. Stuck with me ever since. Through the years, i have seen the principle applied in some very practical situations.

HL

Comment

so only Portia left fi endorse the JLP yah now.

If him have him full support how comes them never give them them vote?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X