X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another anti-TEAM bummer!

Beckenbauer warns angry Lehmann

Lehmann is not happy at playing second fiddle to Almunia

German legend Franz Beckenbauer fears Jens Lehmann could be shown the exit door if he continues his outbursts against Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Lehmann is unhappy that Spaniard Manuel Almunia is now first-choice Arsenal keeper and claimed he would publicly air his grievances with Wenger.

But Beckenbauer warned Lehmann not to confront the Arsenal boss.
    "Lehmann will be playing for a different club by winter because Wenger will not accept that," he said.

Lehmann's comments were sparked after he was omitted from the Arsenal squad against Bolton last Saturday - a game he expected to play after impressing on international duty with Germany earlier this month.

"At the moment I'm just swallowing it all as part of the humiliation. That's something one has to take in, " said Lehmann.

"But I'm an Arsenal player and I won't just fade away quietly."

Almunia was once again in goal for Wednesday's 7-0 win over Slavia Prague, although Lehmann did return to the bench.
    Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup as a player and manager with West Germany, urged compatriot Lehmann to bide his time at the Emirates.

He told German station Premiere TV: "Lehmann must not make the mistake and start a confrontation with Wenger because he will not win it.
    "Wenger is a fair coach who does not immediately take out a player when he has a bad day.
    "Jens Lehmann needs to be patient until he gets his chance, but he will get it."

------------

Big Sideeee should get rid of him NOW!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X