X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Losses, 1 Draw - How Can Mexico Lose Only 2 Spots

Mexico dropped only two spots in the FIFA rankings after 3 losses and one
    draw in their last four matches.

The losses were to Brazil, Colombia, and Guatemala. The draw was with Nigeria.

How can they only lose two spots?

That's an easy question Bruce Bruce.

The ranking of the country that is played--determine the drop/rise in ranking. Jamaica for example played countries that were ranked in the 100's. The loss caused the rapid decline in jamaica's ranking!!

On the other hand, Scotland current ranking is about 18th. Reason? They beat France 2 times!!!!, drew with Italy and beat other higher ranked countries.

Get the pickcha?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mexico vs. Brazil (1) LOSS
      Mexico vs. Colombia (24, now 25) LOSS
      Mexico vs. Nigeria (23, now 19) DRAW
      Mexico vs. Guatemala (88, now 100) LOSS

Comment

That hardly answers the question.

Bruce, do not try and make sense of FIFA's system. I just use Elo's and done.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          That hardly answers the question.

Bruce, do not try and make sense of FIFA's system. I just use Elo's and done.
          Whats Jamaica's ranking as oer Elo? Been trying to find out, but no luck.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

78 or something like that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On the contrary Bruce, try to understand the FIFA rankings. It is a statistical explanation. You can find it under the heading: How the FIFA Rankings Are Computed on their web site.

Bruce, do not allow Mosiah to lead you down the path of ignorance. The rankings i know are quite controversal--but the mathematical explanations on how they are determined does make sense.

HL

Comment

The fact that FIFA recently changed their ranking formulae, resulting in some wild movements on the list, implicitly implies that something was wrong with the old formulae. How do we know that they have gotten it right this time? Or are we going to see another change which might take Jamaica to 150 or 50?!?

And why does FIFA use a simplified version of the Elo system for the women's rankings?

HL, gwaan hug up FIFA rankings. And you still have not answered Bruce's question!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It totally makes sense to me. We got beat from bout 3 or 4 teams ranked less than 100 one or two even pass 150(remember the asian tour?). ST Vincent knock we too. I think the 103 ranking is too high for us at this point. When was the last time we beat a team ranked higher than us? Come on, take the passion out of it and look at things from a realistic point of view.

Comment

They would not have much to say if the FIFA rankings placed Jamaica in the top 10 f00tball countries in the wurle.

Chussss mi

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X