Portmore 1-0 up on St George's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portmore 1-0 up on St George's

Live TVJ game...brilliant free kick from Under 20 captain Ricardo Cousins, Sporting Central and Waterhouse game on radio
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Nil-all between Sporting and Waterhouse
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

St George's equalise from penalty spot 1-1
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Waterhouse leading SCA 1-0
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Cousins a the boss. Whey Mo deh? Who mi tell yuh a the best player inna NPL Mo? His goal almost ripped the nets apart. Set up a sitter for dumb Barret whose shot was saved(dont know why Linval playing that Rux).

Comment

The best player coud not do more than just score that goal? The match, with lowly St. Georges, finished in a draw.

A joke! Too early for me to say who is setting the league afire.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Heh watch you mouth eeh nuh, what you mean "lowly"?
              Drawing with supposedly two a the top team and wining one game don't deserve that title.

Wait till the confidence grow and St. Georges start buss up some side
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi like how dem a gwaan. The two promoted teams have not been pushovers so far. My biggest fear is their ability to keep the players motivated in March. Will they have money to pay them? That is when their administrative structure will come into play.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The fact is St.Georges went out and got a about 10 players from other teams in the east so it is not a community team again. As long as it was a community team they could have weather the storm as there is strong local support at the grassroot level but will the local players allow the new players to blend in? and will the new players respect the local culture? or stick up the management.

King(manager) is a classmate of mine and they have a true democratic board from ever since so I think they will prevail but you never know. The good thing is they have the heart of the team with them for at least 2-3 years in Harewood, Davis, Taylor, Dennis to name a few and Brissett has been fighting for his chance for a long time so they may just be able to keep it togather.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sporting also a gwaan good. good luck to them

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      The fact is St.Georges went out and got a about 10 players from other teams in the east so it is not a community team again. As long as it was a community team they could have weather the storm as there is strong local support at the grassroot level but will the local players allow the new players to blend in? and will the new players respect the local culture? or stick up the management.

King(manager) is a classmate of mine and they have a true democratic board from ever since so I think they will prevail but you never know. The good thing is they have the heart of the team with them for at least 2-3 years in Harewood, Davis, Taylor, Dennis to name a few and Brissett has been fighting for his chance for a long time so they may just be able to keep it togather.
                      They probably would not be performing so well if they kept it a "community" team. And yes, you will always have the new players finding it hard to blend in, etc. Happens all over the world.

Democracy alone won't cut it. You must have good managers and perhaps a few with very deep pockets!

Nuff clubs have been fighting for such a chance. Constant Spring was knocking at the door for years, stayed around a bit then vanished. Then came back again. And vanished.

Wish StG all the best though.

SCA's fans are great! Dem bring dem Dutchie and mek bare noise! Best in the league!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo I am not saying to keep the community team but the spirit.
                        The crowd is a unique blend as it span from way up inna the blue mountain, to Kingston. I can just feel the vibes as country meet town atmosphere. I can tell you they have no real deep pocket individuals but a good amount of small businessmen around Buff Bay who is committed and some of them even played in the St.Georges corner league. their homeground is a true family affair thing as you don't see the herb smoking, the badword cussing etc. you see at other fields up to 2000 when I last went their.

Comment

I will try to make it there when Harbour View plays them again. Should be a nice trip!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi was going to suggest you make it a day trip and stop a castle garden or sommerset falls but then you might miss the match.

Comment

Suh Sass, Donovan Duckie still with Jawges?
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X