RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KNVB Seminar a Success! RBSC Proud of its Involvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNVB Seminar a Success! RBSC Proud of its Involvement.

Last Friday, as part sponsors of the KNVB coaching seminar at the Harbour View Football Club, the RBSC was invited to participate in a small awards function for the 29 coaches.

I got a chance to talk briefly about the RBSC, our achievements and goals, which includes the advancement of our coaches. I said it was our pleasure for the RBSC join with HVFC in its efforts to bring this advanced coaching seminar to Jamaica. As the only sponsor present, we got some very good mileage that evening.

I handed out about 6 certificates, one of which was to Linval Dixon, Portmore’s coach.

It was good to see a wide cross-section of coaches present, from the Premier League, Manning Cup, St. Mary police, the young, the old, the experienced and the traveled (no, Bora was not there). Quite a few of them personally came up to me and thanked the RBSC for co-sponsoring the event.

Coaches Franc Meijerman from Holland and Kenneth Jaliens, technical director of Suriname, conducted the course. I had the opportunity to interact quite a bit with both coaches, particularly Coach Meijerman, who shared his thoughts on the NPL game we watched.

Again, we would like to thank those who have contributed to the Peter Cargill Memorial Coaching Scholarship. They are:

Michael Chong
    Patricia Hunter
    Basil Wade
    Barrington Johnson
    Baron Marshall
    Leo Campbell
    Kyle Wallace
    Dwight Thelwell
    Karl Wallace
    Rickie Davis
    Howard Lowe
    Alton Creary
    Wayne Osbourne

We are still accepting contributions to this fund for further projects to assist in the development our local coaches. Just go to the Peter Cargill banner that appears from time to time in the top right hand corner and follow the simple instructions.

Below is an email message from Carvel Stewart, Chairman of HVFC.

“I would add my sincere appreciation for the wonderful assistance you afforded HVFC in this venture. It enabled the successful implementation of the seminar. From the comments of all the participants including those of the presenters it was a job well done.
    I look forward to further collaborations as we jointly pursue the total development of Jamaica's football.
    Again, thanks from the whole HVFC community.”

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Good going Mo. BTW, do you care to give a little more info as to the thoughts of coach Meijerman on the NPL game he watched?

Thanks
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Good going Mo. BTW, do you care to give a little more info as to the thoughts of coach Meijerman on the NPL game he watched?

Thanks
      ...and, please let us know which game that was?

Good show!
      I join you in appealing to the Massive to contribute to the PETER CARGILL MEMORIAL COACHING SCHOLARSHIP FUND!

I shall certainly continue to contribute.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I only want to know what Tappa
        said; his plans for Ja and its football. Thanks. If you didn't get to speak with the genuis, ah well (what can I say, is mo wi dealing wid here).

Comment

Tappa too big fi dem likkle advanced KNVB course. He was MIA, like his last few matches!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not that he is too big but considering
            his abilities, he could tend other matters. Did Klinsman take any courses? (mo be very careful with this one)

Comment

Please! Yuh seem to forget my view when it come to courses.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You know I think a list of the coaches who participated would be a good thing to attach. That could be a list that becomes a piece of history?

We could continue to follow these of the 1st batch (the 2007 batch)...follow their acomplishments in football.

Question: Where are they now?
                Coaching?
                If so, where?

If not coaching, what are they doing with the knowledge gained?
                Where?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A big tings, nuff respect to RBYZ and di crew fi dem involvement inna Ja ball, A nuh weh yuh seh count a weh yuh duh. Nuff raspect Mo keep fi fiyah burning.

Comment

Good job Mo on behalf of us all.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mosiah I 2nd everything everyone has said. You guys have really stepped up to the plate and accomplished a wonderful thing for the coaching fraternity. You guys should reach around and pat yourselves on the back big time. Good show man! - T.K.
                      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thank you!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I did! And now I need a chiropractor!

Thanks, TK!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yow Mo, yes bredrin ...large up yuhself Iyah. Great job on your (and the RBSC) participation in that coaching seminar. With a continued and bigger contributions from forumites, next year's (or the next) event could reach even higher heights. Large Up!
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                              X