Shelton got 45 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelton got 45 minutes

in the second half and was a terror in Preston side. His pace and movement was the reason his side equalise based on what the report on Sufc.co.uk said.

The coach continue to start Beattie and Stead even though Shelton seems to be impressing in his runs.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

the little maggot needs to score goals....that would get him noticed.
    "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

Originally posted by Ruff-Cut View Post
      the little maggot needs to score goals....that would get him noticed.
      Seriously! Where were you when Shelton was playing his football in Sweden??

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
        Seriously! Where were you when Shelton was playing his football in Sweden??
        The fact is, Shelton is not scoring when he gets the opportunities. Sweden was Sweden, this is England. He needs to score some goals as Rfuu Cut says. You cannot deny that that would get him noticed.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

you see my signature. Shelton has lost all confidence and is struggling and that is why a loan move where he can get 90 minutes will be good.

Robson may not even be there in the next month. I wouldn't be sorry for him. Him have too much money tied up inna forwards and lack quality round the back.

Your statement is not totally true because Shelton has scored when given the chance, in the cup side and in the second team. The problem is no matter what John stead and others do they are ahead of him until now.

The last game and this one he made a difference to the team so let me see if Robson a go give the man an extended run.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin, Shelton has scored in only one game he played in and that is against Morecambe in the Carling Cup last month. If you know of him scoring on more occasions than that, please let me know.

I have always been saying that Shelton needs to show Robinson that he deserves his place, not just expect it to be given to him. Again, any team he goes to, he will have to prove himself and earn his position.
            Last edited by Tilla; October 21, 2007, 09:52 PM.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

How many games has he started or gotten 45 minutes in? He has been getting 10 minutes and 15 minutes and is not even sure if he is making the bench while he has been lighting up the second team. While Beattie has scored 8 goals so far, no other player has scored three goals so far this season yet the youth impress and can't get a start.

Talk about a way to kill a youth confidence as it reflected in the artilce that Sickko did. Nuh worry Robson soon gone.

Comment

Talk about a way to kill a youth confidence as it reflected in the artilce that Sickko did. Nuh worry Robson soon gone.
                I can point you to many games which Shelton came on in the 70th minute. Do you think you only have to start to score goals? When you come on with 20 minutes left, hhave you ever given thought to the fact that the coach might be trying to use Shelton's superior speed against a tiring and slowed up defense? But even then, he is not scoring.

I stand by my position that Shelton has to start scoring some goals with the opportunities he is getting in order that he can demand more playing time or even becoming a starter for that matter.

Do you notice that Shevchenko cannot become a starter at Chelsea although he was a big thing at AC Milan? Why do you think is this? Because he has to provehimself in the league in which he is now playing. We are not talking reserves games here either, but actual EPL and Champions League games. The same goes for Shelton, he will need to start scoring some more goals against the Championship sides. If he does that I am sure Robson or any other coach they get will have to stop and take note.

Assassin, show me one other Championship side where he could go and command start and play a full 90 minutes?
                Last edited by Tilla; October 21, 2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

the difference is Shev get a whole heap a chance and don't prove himself. he started a whole lot a game last season and he played in champion league etc.

Show me when Shev score a double inna any game. Shev will go to other team and do well, just like Shelton will.

Comment

Remember, Shelton scored against Morecambe which is a League 2 side. As I said on the forum before, fans from the forum I read always say he performs better against these teams from the lower levels, but seem out of his depth against teams from the Championship (Jawge, a nuh mi sesuh!). He has to change that perception of himself. The only way he is going to do that is to buss some goals on some Championship side onion bag.

Yes, Sheva got more chance than Shelton. I am only using Sheva because many on here are using the argument that he was tearing up the lagues in Sweden as if to say he should do it in England without any problems.

Comment

bad example as Shiv get his chance and that is all Shelton need.
                      He is different from all the other strikers and that is why he is getting a fight but like Fuller prove himself with playing time so too will Shelton.

Comment

Information on Luton Shelton

Don't want people to be guessing and spelling...the yute need fi keep im confidence high, and put in the work...if Robson don't see him...someone else will.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players...=80082&cc=3888

Comment

How the man dem have these "junior members" dem a log on and a destabilize us so much and nah say nothing.

The man dem all a call we player "little maggot"

I mean could we go on the USA board and do this to Zeppo's side? So why is he changing his name and coming back(even if a no him)

How come we just respond to guy disrespecting us like that without first checking guy?

Where is our self-respect and love? How man a call we little maggot and we no get vex? So how then unnu get vex when mi call unnu boasy slaves when the proof is right there infront of us.

A want a guy say something to me now?

That is why Asafa is the way he is. We need fi support our own and put our hands around the youth like we do to our own child

respect

Comment

Look, Bryan Robson's job deh pon de line, he wants someone to score goals to save his skin........he goes to who he knows. Shelton has to mek Robson know dat HE IS DA MAN TO SAVE HIS JOB. Only way to do dat is to score GOALS. I'll tell yuh ah little story, when John Hollins da ex-Chelsea signed Da Pearl for Cardiff City, his first conversation with da Jamaican was " Iam watching a video of you scoring ah bag full of goals, iam quite impressed. But tell me, where are the clips of you having near misses"...........Walter Boyld's quick reply was " Yuh see mi boss, i don't miss yuh know!" Hollins had a quiet laugh to himself & signed him there & then.........I heard da man himself relay da story live on skysports........Managers like winners, men who will do the job for them.......Luton needs to understand dat.
                            "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

You mean Swansea and not Cardiff. I never know Boyd to play for Cardiff. I agree with what you say otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X