Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drogba regrets comments

Friday 19 Oct 2007

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has issued a statement saying he regrets quotes attributed to him suggesting he wants to leave Stamford Bridge.
    The Ivory Coast international was one of the players most affected by Jose Mourinho's departure last month and told France Football he was hoping to move to a new club.

He said: "I have reached a stage where I feel I have nothing to prove here. I must go elsewhere.
    "It took me a while to love Chelsea. But now the time has come to do something else.

"My decision is taken. Nothing could keep me here. I know that Ronaldinho and Kaka could come here next season but that will change nothing in what I want, because something has broken with Chelsea."

However, on Friday evening, in a statement on the club's official website, Drogba said: "On reflection, I regret making the comments I made in a recent interview.

"I am a Chelsea player and will be 100 per cent committed and supportive to my manager, my team-mates and the club.

"I will not be discussing my future any further until I meet privately with the club at the end of the season."
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Drogba is breaking down.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Drogba is breaking down.
      You think so? Is it possible that he could be positioning himself for one more big time contract with whichever club who would be willing to break the bank for him? - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

so in other word this is a monetary breakdown or a bank hold up?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          so in other word this is a monetary breakdown or a bank hold up?
          Lord have mercy..... - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Is alot of people fear the Russian Mafia.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

drogba ain't goin' nowhere.....full stop.
              "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

Originally posted by Ruff-Cut View Post
                drogba ain't goin' nowhere.....full stop.
                Well .. that depends on the thinking of the Russian Mafia.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                X