Currently listening to Stewart Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently listening to Stewart Stephenson

head of KASAFA, talking about the numerous sponsors they have for the various KASAFA leagues .... oh did I say youth leagues? One mistake he made during the interview is that "there is an abundance of talent" we need to get real.

Anyway, why is KASAFA able to attract SOOO MANY SPONSORS while the NPL clubs are struggling to stay alive? Some serious revamping needs to be done regarding our leagues. I still believe we have way too many leagues, despite the abundance of talent myth.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

where is the financial district?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

how much real sponsorship you think that is?

Many of the KSAFA teams struggling too and complaining. Don't buy it Lazie
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        where is the financial district?
        Expected something like that. How many NPL teams are in the KASAFA confed? Ask KArl and Sickko about a piece regarding the financial crisis all NPL clubs face.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          how much real sponsorship you think that is?

Many of the KSAFA teams struggling too and complaining. Don't buy it Lazie
          No Sass, he spoke of the sponsorship for their youth leagues, U15, U13 etc.

Comment

yes but how much money?

It is a lot cheaper to sponsor those leagues than to sponsor NPL or major league teams.

Other things into consideration too. You don't have that much weed smoking and badword cussing going on. the whole family is able to attend and enjoy themselves and teams are for most part not run by dons.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes but how much money?

It is a lot cheaper to sponsor those leagues than to sponsor NPL or major league teams.

Other things into consideration too. You don't have that much weed smoking and badword cussing going on. the whole family is able to attend and enjoy themselves and teams are for most part not run by dons.
              Damn Sass! It was no chicken feed money. The man has raised more money for sponsorship than the last 3 years. I tell unuh all the while to listen the program.

Comment

Lazie you can talk but the NPL sponsorship is 150 Million. Has KASAFA raised that yet?

How much is a whole lot? It might sound like a lot but is it? Don't buy into the hype

Comment

Lazie you can talk but the NPL sponsorship is 150 Million. Has KASAFA raised that yet?

How much is a whole lot? It might sound like a lot but is it? Don't buy into the hype
                  I'm not talking about sponsoring the NPL Sass, I'm talking about companies sponsoring a NPL team. Yuh fail to get that? Siemens sponsors Real MAdrid, AIG sponsors The Empire despite the fact that there are companies that sponsor the leagues.

Comment

Well as I was saying that money while it is good but a chicken feed.

You can do the breakdown based on the PLCA figures and see.

Comment

I was at a function yest5erday and both Captain Burrell and the president of the Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce both called on business people top get more involved in where they do business...now if the business people want to spend the money back only in Kingston, they might be in for a surprise soon.

Burrell has always made this call nothing new from him, I have heard this speech from him at least three times now but it is always timely
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X